Cody Firearm Museum

I am looking at going to the Cody Firearm Museum in… Cody, Wyoming, I am excited to go see all that history and yeah, I like history. My head is going at 100 miles an hour on the anticipation of the things I am going to see.
I was wondering if anyone else has gone to the museum and if you have any advice about being there?

2 Likes

There are several museums in Cody - I looked 'em up. There’s also 30+ other gun museums across the USA. I think the Colt museum in CT houses their 1873 SA Peacemaker #1, and 1 of the two .45 ACP Luger P-08s that were made for Army testing prior to WWI - the other mysteriously disappeared.

3 Likes

Maybe it was a ghost gun. :ghost:

4 Likes

Officially the “Buffalo Bill Center of the West”, the museum in Cody is magical. I often stop in on my way to or from Yellowstone on my every 2 year September visit. I’d recommend planning a minimum of 3 hours. It’s actually has about 5 different areas of emphasis, from western art to Buffalo Bill’s life and Wild West Show to Plains Indians to, of course, a huge firearms collection in the Cody Firearms Museum. Last time there I saw Paladin’s gun and holster, one of Wild Bill’s pistols, a Gatling Gun that was borrowed, motorized and used in the early development of the Vulcan cannon, etc. Don’t forget to go downstairs. PS It’s about a 5 block walk down Sheridan Avenue to my favorite beef place, the “Proud Cut Saloon”. Hope you have a good time.

3 Likes

Thank you, I am excited to get on my way!

2 Likes