Firearm Museums

I’ve been to the Frazier Museum of Arms in Louisville and the NRA museum near DC. Are there some other nifty firearm museums I should visit if I’m in the area?

(Assuming they survive the COVID lockdowns.)

1 Like

Try the Cowboy Museum in Wyoming, out standing!

Larry

2 Likes

I enjoyed the Trap Shooter Hall of Fame in Vandalia Ohio, lots of old shotguns. It has been a few years and they now hold the shooting event in Sparta IL, not sure if they moved the museum or not?

1 Like

For Arizona I found the OK Corral and the Gunfighter Hall of Fame in Tombstone, AZ. The AZ Military Museum in Phoenix (56th St and McDowell Rd, east of center on a street map). The Pioneer Living History Museum (north of Phoenix, take I-17 past Rte 74 Carefree Hway then follow the signs). Bring plenty of sun screen and water: no joke. Enjoy!

1 Like

I have never been to one but it sounds like a future plan👍

1 Like

We’ve been to the Hagley / DuPont Gun powder museum in Delaware.
It was so informative on how gun powder was made and used back in history.

We spent almost a whole day there, and also at Longwood Gardens that was close by. The gardens are still closed as the CV thing tends to spread quite rapidly in wide open sunny outdoor places with few folks at very great distances apart, looking at flowers and stuff.

2 Likes

I didn’t think of this before, but you mentioned powder and it made me think of Williamsburg. The governor’s mansion there is decked out in Black Bess muskets, covering the walls and even the ceiling. It was meant to make a strong first impression on visitors.

Not really a “firearms museum,” just a big museum that happens to have a unique firearms display.

2 Likes

The firearms museum at bass pro in Springfield Missouri is awesome. They change the displays periodically and have numerous famous firearms on display. The last time I went they had the rifle from Quigley Down Under and a bow made by Geronimo (not a firearm I know).

3 Likes

Reno, Nevada has a very cool collection downtown. I have been there several times. The pawn shops there have a good collection of them too!

2 Likes