Chinese Spy Balloon

From our local Salt Lake City news

““The Chinese side regrets the unintended entry of the airship into U.S. airspace due to force majeure,” the statement said, citing a legal term used to refer to events beyond one’s control.”

I feel Much Better Now… :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Anybody else have an electronic safe. Recommend you keeping it open until the “Force Majeure” passes over!

4 Likes

Not to worry. NORAD is monitoring but NOT taking any action. SO, IF a nuclear missile is headed this way, they’ll just tract it and not intercept it. SO GUYS and GALS there’s NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, just go ahead about your business. We’re in GO :blush:OD HANDS. I think :flushed: :anguished:

3 Likes

Benny Johnson

Benny Johnson3 hours ago

Now the CCP knows how Biden will respond

6 Likes

Clearly an impeachable act!

4 Likes

China’s UNDETECTABLE STEALTH BALLOONS are more effective than our STEALTH AIRCRAFT.

2 Likes

Regardless of the explanation from the Chinese about this craft, it has become the ultimate “trial balloon”, to gauge the response from this country. The lack of decisive resolve from this government is sending a clear message

4 Likes

I just broke out my telescope, no worries, all clear!

Any bets on a D.C. evacuation?

5 Likes

I know, Right? If we even look like we’re getting close to Chinese or Russian air space they scramble their Ducking air force to meet us BEFORE we enter their are space.

5 Likes

We have WIDE OPEN borders and, WIDE OPEN air space. Stop ALL air traffic while BALLOONS fly over. WELCOME to AMERICA!

2 Likes

Seriously though,

4 Likes

So, I don’t know nothin’ bout nothin’ with this balloon. But I wondered this very thing. Weather balloon? OK. But it seems to be that a high altitude balloon would suck for reconnaissance. Sure, you could capture great pictures, but you simply can’t control where the balloon will go. Not reliably, anyway.

Imagine the CIA using balloons instead of satellites or planes. Yes, they could get interesting pictures, but they normally want specific pictures. I question the ability of China to get a balloon directly over specific military targets in the Great Plains.

Let me flip the coin for one second, though. China regrets that the 'unintended entry" of the balloon into U.S. airspace? Where the **** did they think it was going to go? It was going to enter U.S. and/or Canadian airspace, we’re the only two nations in this direction.

Actually, they can. I was on a balloon in Sedona a number of years ago. They stay in contact with the ground crew that monitors the wind and raise and lower the envelope as they navigate through the canyon. It an amazing view, and when the burners were not firing, it was pure silence.

2 Likes

Balloon carrying toxic chemicals then you shoot it down then a fungus takes over the human body and then the world gets infected and what is on tv becomes reality.

Balloon gets shot down and has high tech on it and the NSI finds a way to increase our nations safety.

Balloon gets blown out of the sky and comes crashing down on a taco bell! World is saved!

Balloon gets highjacked by our government and sent back to spy on them.

Balloons are made illegal to prevent spying and protecting this nation by the ATF.

6 Likes

I’m only slightly familiar with navigation for balloons. I’m aware they can go up and down to catch different currents. But I still question the ability to launch a balloon from the sea (or across the sea) to another continent, over large mountain ranges, and directly over a small military target for reconnaissance. Seems like it’d be easier to just take a picture from an orbiting sattellite.

I’ll freely admit that I could underestimate the navigational capabilities of remote balloon operators. But I maintain my doubt.

1 Like

Appears that the balloon has sophisticated equipment attached underneath sort of like solar panels, possibly photo, and navigational equipment being remotely controlled/steered by the Chinese. Balloon is moving changing course, NO ALIENS ABOARD OPERATING the balloon. Hopefully, when safe to do so, it will be taken down and recovered for analysis. Hey WHERES our computer cyber attackers, and why don’t they hack into it to land it!

2 Likes

A lot of hacking relies on human error. There are no people on board this balloon, so we can’t just borrow their ID or guess their simple password. :rofl:

1 Like

just to liten things up a bit

on the pass words

4 Likes

Ever hear of the Box in New Mexico. They launch and land balloons at the same field.

3 Likes

First thing that comes to mind is if it’s capable of launching an EMP attack.
Or, if we—or some US agency that could still clearly see the balloon as a threat, could disable it by EMP.

3 Likes