Chinese Spy Balloon

2 Likes

They decided not to shoot it down due to the risk of falling debris. I will leave this for your consideration.

Just wow.

8 Likes

could have another bio agent on board
they might dump it over a city

Mike

6 Likes

Covid 23?

8 Likes

probably something a lot worse

Mike

4 Likes

Biden’s diapers?

8 Likes

Bingo. Highly volatile; exposure spreads pompous attitude and senility at the same time.

4 Likes

Better send a Strongly Worded Letter of Condemnation followed by a visit to the Chinese Embassy in Montana by The Assistant to the Undersecretary of foreign Balloon affairs…

5 Likes

The ballon is actually ours and we are blaming someone else for it​:thinking::grin:

5 Likes

I just did some research on this and found out that these things can carry a lot of weight and happen to fly at the perfect altitude to EMP the whole US and a large portion of Canada and Mexico.

4 Likes

I had the same thought about EMP. Enemy asset in our airspace - no attempts to capture it, to flash it with laser to disable electronics. What message does it send to NoKo or Iran. Cant believe the weakness and the danger they are putting all of us into.

7 Likes

What we need are common sense balloon laws!
Is that considered federal aircraft, or can it be legally shot down by a civilian? It only becomes a Chinese spy ballon when it’s shot down, until then it’s just a weather balloon! Or is it their version of a U2 spy plane?
We can end this, just say when!

perfect altitude to EMP the whole US and a large portion of Canada and Mexico.

6 Likes

Nah joe doesn’t want to upset his handlers

6 Likes

WWII Japanese did such a thing. I think those had explosive charges :us:

7 Likes

Palestinian militants do this all the time.

5 Likes

Good thing it was just 1 balloon, and the Germans weren’t involved.

NENA | 99 Luftballons [1983] [Offizielles HD Musikvideo] - YouTube

8 Likes

911 shook us out of complacency. But after many years of war I think some folks have that issue once again. Need to open eyes , Stop ,Look and Listen :us: Never forget those Cops, Firefighters,EMS and all the soldiers since then :us: :us: :us: :us:That were running up the stairs while eveyone else were running down. :us:

9 Likes

NEVER fORGET :us: :us: :us:

7 Likes

Chinese spy ballon doesn’t make much sense. Can’t imagine there is anything a balloon could see or hear that one of their satellites can’t. North Korean or Iranian would make more sense for a spy ballon.

Though Iran, NK, China or Russia probing how we might respond to this threat makes more sense. Which begs the question, why wasn’t this detected and shot down before it got over our airspace? Unless it was launched from on land here or just off the coast?

Could also see this being a useful terrorist device for getting a dirty bomb over the US.

7 Likes

Oh yeah, it would have been way more technical :us:

2 Likes