Charges Dismissed Against Man Who Shot at Driver on I-95 in Miami-Dade

It’s been awhile since I watched it start to finish but the conflict started before this. I can’t remember all the details but know that before Mr. Bottle thrower took aim the defendant cut him off. Then I think Mr. Bottle thrower beeped and tailgated so the defendant break checked him at highway speeds which is what spurred Mr. Bottle thrower to toss his load.

So there is an argument that either one of them could have been the initiator or perhaps it was mutual combat? Either way they were both endangering everyone else on the highway. Which I count as the first set of clearly poor decisions by both drivers.

3 Likes

Honestly, I am tired of this. You have your opinion. I have mine. Fortunately, neither of our opinions matter a thing to the person who’s life has been changed.

Peace. I’m out. :metal:

3 Likes

Throwing a bottle at the car… Unless this guy can throw a bottle at 800 ft/s and the bottle is made of brass, sorry, reasonable person doesnt think it can cause fear of death.

3 Likes

I had a delivery driver lose an arm from someone throwing a rock at his delivery truck while he was on the interstate. So, yeah…

2 Likes

I heard of juvenile delinquents bombing fast moving vehicles from an overpass, with large chunks of concrete. I cannot recall if they killed someone.
But this is not the same as throwing a rock from vehicle to vehicle. I just dont understand the physics here.

1 Like

I could see Mr. Popper potentially mistaking the sound of a bottle hitting his car for a gun shot or otherwise considering it a violent attack. He was already in flight or fight mode because of the road rage incident he helped to escalate.

My main concerns with his actions are the part he played in getting the situation to the point and the response he chose to use against the perceived threat.

2 Likes