Certifications and where to get them?

I’ve been looking over the lists of various instructors in the USCCA training area and notice that they have various certifications that I cannot find a listed class for, could someone explain how to achieve them? Here is a short list of some of them:

Emergency First Aid Fundamentals
Ultima Concealed Carry Experience
Woman’s Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Range Safety Officer
Countering the Mass Shooter Threat

And what’s the difference or how does one achieve the Counselor rating on instructor?

Thanks!
Robin

2 Likes

The basic USCCA Instructor certifications are for
Concealed Carry & Home Defense Fundamentals
and
Defensive Shooting Fundamentals.
For information & training for each, which involve an eLearning portion followed by live in-person training from a USCCA Training Counselor, see How to Become an Instructor.
Once you become a CC&HD certified instructor, instructor resources open up to include kits for teaching

• Emergency First Aid Fundamentals
  • Woman’s Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
  • Countering the Mass Shooter Threat

by purchasing a toolkit with eLearning and training materials.

The Training Counselor program is run on a basis of application and selection and invitation from the headquarters. It requires you to be an experienced CC&HD instructor, but I am not familiar with the details there.

3 Likes

But what if I don’t want to be an instructor and only want to learn specific things? With the shootings in the news, responding to a mass shooting if you find yourself in one.

2 Likes

Many firearms instructors, whether certified by USCCA, NRA, Rangemaster, or others, teach a variety of classes beyond the formal courses designed by those two organizations. Find local active instructors using the USCCA site and then look at their full range of classes offered.
Specifically for active shooter classes, I recommend you look at Ed Monk of Last Resort Firearms Training, nationally known expert who has taught across the country at schools, churches, and conferences. For the core of his work, you can watch the series of YT videos linked at A Must Watch: Ed Monk’s Presentation on Active Killers.

2 Likes

You don’t have to be a certified USCCA Instructor @BlackHawk. If you are a USCCA member, log in to your account and visit the USCCA store here to review the training courses that are available for you.

Hope this helps.