Ccw qualification.....W/ broken wrist!

Wish me luck! My ccw expires next month and I just broke my dominant wrist. Today’s shooting will be all weak hand😖

8 Likes

You got this buddy!

5 Likes

So today you’re practicing or taking a range qualifications text?

If not testing today, it’s a great learning moment for all of us to practice with our off hand.
Practice mag swaps too.

4 Likes

Let us know how it goes! Good luck!

3 Likes

Good luck!

3 Likes

Success! It wasn’t so bad. Nothing that would win me any medals, But qualified. I’m glad I always shoot a couple of maga weak handed every time I go to the range. Thanks for the support!

6 Likes

Qualification. Can’t put it off as s my permit expires March 1st. and I need to submit everything for California to scrutinize.

3 Likes

I know this is completely off topic, and I serious about this question… Why do you stay in California?

I can only think of 2 things, family and job?
I have visited there as an adult 3 times. Yes there are super super pretty parts and things to see. Twice were for work, and once for family. (Family doesn’t live there any more)

2 Likes

Well done @tinknocker :+1:

3 Likes

You pretty much nailed it. Job and family. Also where I live the weather is perfect. Never too hot or cold. We make a good living here and like it apart from the political landscape. Although there are many more conservative people here than the news would lead you to believe. The problem is the major cities population keep the state blue. I have under 3 years until retirement and we wi have to do some thinking!

2 Likes

We moved from Ohio back in 98 to Texas. The main reason was the climate.
Ohio was never really blue but not as red as Texas, so that wasn’t it.

All family was there or at least closer, and now we just travel or they travel here in winter and spring.

Yeah, if you are going to retire and get post work funds from them, yeah you gotta stay for at least a while.

We just keep being invaded by ultra liberal’s from CA and they are slowly creeping up on turning TX purple.

A great example, a couple moved here with their 2 young kids (met through 4h) they complained about the taxes, traffic, price of housing, cost of living, and political climate in CA. The guy was a retired CalFire Forest Fireman. Fast forward just a bit, The dude as a BETO sign in his yard! I guess he just wants to make Texas like California, reminds me of a locust that eats all the corn in one field and moves on to the next.

3 Likes

May your force be with you. You got this!!

3 Likes

I feel for you guys. I would be pissed too. I Don’t understand how people would flee to a better place and just turn it to what they left. If I leave I promise not to do that!..BETO??? Come on, REALLY?

3 Likes

A few years ago at our club, they switched up our 2 handed league (un-announced) and we had to shoot weak (support) hand only. I wasn’t as bad as I thought but it’s great training! And humbling…

You can do it!

3 Likes

Yep, it is an ego hit, although the instructor said that I did very well for weak hand only. I did best if I shot fairly quickly instead of trying to hold steady for a longer period of time.

2 Likes

Might be the best thing that happened to you, friend. I was a lefty all my life until I broke a shoulder and had to train myself to do many things right handed. Now I shoot equally well strong or weak hand and carry right hand.

2 Likes

Love the Locust comparison.

2 Likes

Well, definitely could have been worse. I am getting better left handed. It’s funny how awkward brushing my teeth is lefty!

2 Likes

I found out if you still use your dominant eye you can still hit the target alright.

3 Likes

Good luck and I hope you have been training with the both hands, each on their own.

AC

2 Likes