CAT or SAM XT

Which one would you rather get?

Or

6 Likes

I personally carry the CAT GEN7 but I also carry RATS they’re something to look at also

5 Likes

Same as @RAYMOND45, I had the RATs first and then bought the CATs so I have both in my many kits. :+1:

3 Likes

You won’t go wrong with either one.
I have few CATs and will stay with them. I’ve been trained with them and can use them with closed eyes.
SAM will do the same good job, so if you haven’t stick to one so far go with the better price.
It’s always a good idea to have one for practice only.

5 Likes

Only thing I got to say about the RATS, it’s going to be more painful then a CAT tourniquet, I know I know, Tourniquets aren’t supposed to be comfortable, they’re supposed to be comforting.

3 Likes

I have both, but I seem to gravitate toward the CAT. Probably because I trained with it first. The learning law of primacy.

4 Likes

I have both. I only have YouTube and Protector Academy education on their use. I rather NAR CAT and have quite a few of them in different locations, but, for pocket carry in regular clothes (EDC or occasionl-day carry), the SOF-T can pocket better.

Haven’t had my hands on the SAM TQ but I know it is well regarded as well

3 Likes

I currently carry a CAT Tourniquet. It is the one I have the most training with.

6 Likes

I learned about the Sam one from Michael Martin during the USCCA expo, and then bought his book first aid fundamentals, where it explained what Tourniquet he likes best.

3 Likes

Ditto on the CAT as well as an Israel bandage and quick-clot!

4 Likes

As an 8 year military FMF corpsman, and 2 years as a civilian flight medic. I, personally, prefer a high quality CAT tourniquet.

YMMV.

3 Likes