Carrying while you work out

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/concealed-carry-while-running-or-working-out/

From the blog article above:

Runners are assaulted and murdered at a higher rate than you might realize. In fact, research from Runner’s World indicates that around half of female runners report being harassed.

Just another reason running is not my exercise of choice. :running_woman: :rofl:

How do you carry when you work out?

2 Likes

My sister is a serious runner, marathon distances. She uses a arm band which has a case designed for a cell phone to play music while you run. Despite the headphones coming from the case to complete the look, there is not a phone in there.

4 Likes

Working out. That’s funny.
Good one!
:cookie::milk_glass:

4 Likes

What gun is that, @Greg1?

1 Like

That’s a Taurus Curve. I think it has a laser built in.

4 Likes

As David said it is a Taurus Curve. It is chambered in 9mm. Not a bad little gun once you get used to the looks.

2 Likes

Which are truly, deeply weird. :laughing: :grimacing:
But I’ve never shot one so… :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Works like a dream.

1 Like

I don’t work out as much as I would like to since I became disabled. BUT, I do tend to work on upper body strength by doing exercises like push, pull drills and so forth with my C308 rifle at home

2 Likes

The Taurus Curve is chambered in 380. (Smaller 9mm😁) Pretty innovative idea…I don’t think carrying when your working out in your gym is a good idea… if you are running at night by yourself in a neighborhood or park maybe, but if you are running at a HS or College, that’s a No,No.

2 Likes

In Missouri, carry on the school premises is allowed if the school board permits it, so it may be legal, you just need to check first.

2 Likes

I cycle and need to find a good - or at least reasonable - carry option. I don’t, yet.

2 Likes

I was going to ask if anyone carried while cycling but this seemed a good place to talk about it.

I have a Rad Rover E-bike that enables me to actually get out and go much farther than a traditional bike.

I have a “Top Tube Bag” on the top bike frame tube. I keep my epi-pen under my Sig P238 in it’s pocket holster and my phone in the sleeve on top. While I don’t like off body carry at all, I don’t want a fanny pack or belly band while riding.

I typically go 10-20 miles, and most recently went 32 miles with a friend.

The downside to my Saturday morning rides is I like to hit my local brew pub for brunch and it’s a no gun zone thanks to the state, so I have to stop home and drop off my carry gun. That also means it’s a 6 mile round trip with just my knife.

If I drive to the pub I can lock it in my car which defeats the purpose of going for a long ride! And of course, I don’t want to break the law.

2 Likes

Redneck word of the day FITNESS…

3 Likes

I’m sorry, going to have call for an official review.

I belief that the correct spelling and usage would be
" Fittin dis" or “Fixin dis here cartridge in tha mag” :eyes::laughing:

2 Likes