Carry options with construction tool belt

I’m looking for another option to carry on a construction site while wearing a tool belt. I currently carry appendix and co worker carries at 3-4 o’clock position. We had an incident today while in a rough part of town. We interrupted someone trying to steal power tools from our work van. Middle of the day in a busy parking lot.
Carrying under the tool belt is not only uncomfortable and cumbersome, it is almost impossible to draw while wearing the tool belt. There has to be a better way.

9 Likes

@rolin Welcome to our community, We are glad to have you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Would you consider a shoulder holster or bellyband.

10 Likes

I carry in a left side shoulder that is cloth with felcrow attaching both sides,and on rt side have 2 mag holders and have never had a problem with them,but is easier to wear a snap up shirt, no buttons

8 Likes

Many offerings from Amazon.

7 Likes

I am beginning to search more fervently into shoulder and drop leg holsters. A belly band would not be viable for me, my shirt would still be tucked between my tool belt and the gun. Thanks for the suggestion!

6 Likes

I use a shoulder holster in winter and woods carry.

5 Likes

More offerings at Amazon. Cheap to expensive. :+1:

5 Likes

I buy ALL my cloth holsters out of Florida,they are called Deep Cover holsters

5 Likes

Bruce26,that is similar to what i wear,with the exception mine is white with 2 shoulder straps on it

5 Likes

I have 2, my 1970s GI Issue I wear the most and a Miami Vise style. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@rolin
Welcome to the family brother and you are in the right place at the right time.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @rolin

4 Likes
2 Likes

What about a pocket holster?

5 Likes

Interesting on the “pockets”. Quite a variety. I tried Sticky, but now instead planning to try DeSantis Nemesis as they have grip on the outside but the added “hook” shape.

4 Likes

Thanks Barry, but my pockets are typically inaccessible and covered by the pouches on the belt.

3 Likes

I often end up carrying a pack with a hip belt and pocket carry when doing this or wear a fanny pack holster with the pouch part hanging over the front of the backpacks hip belt.

If front or back pocket carry are not an option you could try the fanny pack draped over an open spot on your tool belt or even rig a carry pouch directly to your tool belt. I think a shoulder holster might be irritating if you’re doing a lot of heavy lifting and constant arm movements plus you’d have to wear a cover garment on a hot day instead of just a T-shirt. Ankle carry could also be an option that shouldn’t get in your way while working.

3 Likes

Although I was given “horse leather” hockey gloves as a gift once, they kinda had a bad odor (my hockey gloves that is):

5 Likes

I appreciate the suggestion, I’ll have to look into that. I suspect the 6 o’clock position would be the only real estate left on my belt for something like that

5 Likes

Very nice, wonder if it would hold a G42

2 Likes