Can the ATF show up to inspect your guns. VIDEO

For discussion and opinions, Interesting Video.

9 Likes

I’m going to say, without a warrant, ummm… NO!!! :thinking:

8 Likes

They can show up and ask. You have no obligation to comply. Should the ATF have a warrant you’ll know the same way the Branch Dividan the Weavers found out.

9 Likes

Does this inspection include cleaning them? :wink:

Thx @Johnnyq60 for the video. This is a good and clear explanation what to do.
:+1:

No warrant, no inspection. However I’m very afraid of these sneaky questions: “Do you mind?”… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Woww, definitely need to call Saul. I would definitely be offended. He would need to lead with a warrant that specifically addresses the matter. And I’d want to sit on the porch with him until my lawyer arrives.

8 Likes

Do you mind if I make a copy of the warrant,
you mind getting off my property? You mind if I call my attorney?

7 Likes

Yes, they can show and ask you for anything. However, without a warrant you do not have to comply. But if you consent, then any search they make is legal because you gave consent.

7 Likes

Serves as a good reminder to follow the rules carefully to prevent the need for it ever to occur. Take care of one’s mental health, and keep one’s anger in check.

Imagine it would be rare.

I’d be wondering “why”.

Also concerned if I didn’t dust and mop the day before. But a part of me would want to have snacks and beverage on hand as a habit for any guest, to feel welcomed. They are just doing their job. Most of us work too.

3 Likes

Are you stating you would invite them in? Did you not watch the video?

2 Likes