VIDEO: ATF shows up out of the blue to "check" for straw buy

3 Likes

Given the last 18months, I hope no one here is surprised by this.

7 Likes

It seems like one way to get rid of the ATF…

3 Likes

Be happy to prove to you I didn’t make straw purchases, just as soon as I see the search warrant. Have a great day now.

8 Likes

How dare you question their authority! :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I thought I was acknowledging that authority, since I was assuming they would be able to get the warrant…

I’m so confused.

7 Likes

Is this what it looks like?

ANY MORE QUESTIONS?

7 Likes

Yes, that was quite peculiar. They arrive in a group of three men just to ask if he still has those firearms? They clearly were not worried about him based on their actions and stances. Did any of them show ID?

I am not sure I would open the door. He had the audio and video on the doorbell, he should have used it to communicate without opening the door. With those devices one does not even need to be home to speak to the person at the door.

I am not sure if I would even answer that question as it is none of their business, unless they had a warrant. I would be polite and state that without a warrant I am not willing to answer their questions, under my 4th and 5th Amendment rights. I am sure they would do the same if the question were put at them.

8 Likes

I have, on a few occasions, had to politely remind officials that I am not required to prove my innocence. The onus is on them to prove my guilt.

5 Likes