California Firearm Discussions

This group thread is for all people to share some thoughts on Firearms in this state called California.

I am not the moderator of this group although I did create the thread.

I recently acquired my ccw permit and have only owned firearms for the last 3 years, granted I am very respectful of my firearms and always remember to view them as a defensive tool, although I do enjoy practicing my abilities of accuracy with my newly found interest.

I hope some experts will keep this thread in their sights.

Sincerely, Mark

8 Likes

Welcome to the Community, Mark!

There are some regulars here that also live in California, they can share your, well, let’s focus on the good lol you clearly live in a county willing to actually issue the carry permit, and got one, huzzah!

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @Mark817 and congrats on jumping through all the CA hoops to successfully get your permit!

I don’t live in CA but I work and visit the in-laws there fairly often. Hope you are keeping up with all the new anti self defense laws being passed especially the ones aimed specifically at permit holders to significantly limit where they can carry.

3 Likes

Welcome

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Mark817

3 Likes

well … california does have some perks … like rarely any tornadoes, blizzards, hurricanes or major floods but we do have some characters running the state.

It was a process getting the CCW in this state, fortunately I passed the FBI " claimed " background check, didn’t think there’d be a problem but … ya never know around here.

This doesn’t mean they can’t take it back.

Thanks for the welcome.

5 Likes

I did recently get an earful at our gracious counties sheriff facility promoting “good people” to get their CCW, our law enforcement of this community really support our 2nd Amendment right.

They did go on talking about many new regulations in California regarding many more updates on lawful and unlawful places to carry.

Heck I’m just happy to be able to have one within reach when I travel.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Community sir. We are glad to have you here.

4 Likes

I’ve actually experienced some pretty good blizzards and floods in CA. As well as earthquakes, forest fires, two car jacking attempts, countless attempts by divers to run me off the road and even a hurricane this year. But I haven’t seen any tornados there outside of a whole lot of dust devils:)

There is a lot of very pretty country to travel through though. Enjoy the scenery and your somewhat increased access to the right to self defense!

4 Likes

Too bad that people have to register, ask permission from a local government bureaucrat and pay a fee to exercise a Constitutionally guaranteed individual right.

7 Likes

@Mark817 Welcome to the community.

2 Likes

well hello Mark and welcome aboard. I live in Cali also, Solano county to be more exact. We have an open minded sheriff her also. Matter of fact even had discussion with the deputy in charge of the ccw program about how and why he carries his spare mags. We do have some good people trying to stay true to the constitution and a lot of them are sheriffs.

Good luck on your journey

5 Likes

Welcome to the community!

A bit of good news, the unconstitutional “roster” semiauto selections have new entries.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard!
Firearms ownership CA has it’s challenges, but defending the Constitution.
by exercising your Rights is admirable.
Stay safe.

4 Likes

Does anyone in this Country (sad to say) get a feeling that this Country is becoming to be the United States of the UN? The Democratic Puppeteers are following UN instruction laws on how to impose gun control on AMERICAN citizens, to over throw the United States Constitution. :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Democrats seem to agree that the UN could just impose their will on any sovereign nation.

4 Likes

We the people as they say need to stay focused, secure the voting process and get some better managers to guide this ship were all on.

2 Likes

without incriminating ourselves on any algorithmed plaform, as mentioned before we need to secure the voting processes so the American people can clearly dictate the direction of this amazing country.

4 Likes

The overboard safty guidines imposed on califoria firearms makes our guns look like a clowns toy.

Grip guard panel’s
Cracking barrel to replace magazine

2 Likes

@Mark817 WE need Paul Revere and the crew to take back the country from the UN (Brits) like our forefathers did before, and when the dust settled, what stood up on that little hill? :us: OUR INDEPENDENCE! FREEDOM!! :us: :us: :us: WE MUST NOT LOSE OUR CONSTITUTION!!! :angry: :wink:

2 Likes