CA moves to outlaw USCCA & NRA Shooting Insurance

I’m not running either.

3 Likes

If you get to looking at Texas you’ll be in good and familiar compay here as well. We’ve got lots of republican, conservative, and libertarian refugees from The Kalifornia Republik.

4 Likes

Just read somewhere the NRA is dropping Carryguard. What’s up? Are they folding on offering these types of programs?

1 Like

Problems with the underwriter. The NY suit began with their error and they’ve been at odds with us on some pretty important issues as well

3 Likes

AB-1602 has been put on the suspense file and there aren’t enough votes to push it through. I talked to a nice staffer in the office and I shared with her why the bill is so bad. She sounded shocked but that was because she is very ignorant about real life. When I was all done and she got a dose of reality, she said she would talk to the Assemblyman because the bill has problems now that I shared with her. I encouraged both her and the assemblyman to call USCCA and get a professionals input on it.

7 Likes

Good man
Thank you!

2 Likes

San Jose mayor wants firearms owners to carry liability insurance or pay a fine. Yet the state reps want to prevent us from carrying “murder” insurance.

3 Likes

HAHA. They can’t stay on the same page of the hymnal. Low level loser. He’s irrelevant. As the saying goes the most insulting thing you can say about a man is “he means well.”

1 Like

The Mayor is a bit behind, that was the rallying cry for the last couple of decades, needs to update his talking points. :wink:

3 Likes

Let’s close the California boarder. Stop giving them government assistance. Help those that want to leave Cali, do so and then let them stew in the juices of the huge pot of Demcrap Pot Pie that they made for themselves. Just my opinion. Buy the way I was born in Long Beach and I will NEVER GO BACK!

1 Like

I am Glad you are willing to stand your ground so to speak. Please understand that I was born in Long Beach in 1961, I moved to Montana in 1969 and have been back to California exactly 4 times since then so please understand, that while I have met some rather smart, literate and friendly people from California, they have been very far and few between . My opinion of Californian’s started to come about when I was in USN boot camp in 1978, with two people from Fresno.
They both wanted things to go their way with very little or no effort on their part and they expected most things to be done for them. It was later discover that neither of these men had any real life experience beyond doing school work and being pampered. One of them claimed that his parent’s were hippies and he joined the navy just to piss them off. Neither one made through Boot Camp. So I say that my issue is with Liberal Californian’s and of course Liberal’s in general.

1 Like

There are a lot of Liberal people who work hard, carry a firearm in self-defense, and serve their country and there are a lot of Conservative people who don’t work hard, are anti-gun, and don’t serve their country. By lumping people together under the liberal/conservative general labels we are alienating a large portion of the population who probably have a lot more in common with us than we think.

I’m great with you talking about anti-gun people as anti-gun people, or lazy people as lazy people, but grouping all anti-gun and lazy people as Liberal does nothing to help advance any discussion and negates any positive points being made. If we have to use labels, using the right labels will definitely be important in any conversation.

4 Likes

Today, I was asked on a chat of younger Californian gunners, what would one write, after I told them I was writing my representatives regarding the 2019 Assault Weapons Ban Bill proposed by the House. So I generalized my words and provided it to the chat, and they stickied it to be used for others to contact our California reps. I tend to lean liberal on social issues, but value my second amendment rights, and today I was educating younger voters on how to voice to their representatives how they want to be represented. Practicing what I say and helping these kids, who are wholly more conservative than I, because there is more that just what divides us. I hope, that you don’t let two people from the past frame your entire judgement of a group, or, if it did, maybe a similar few can change that impression.

6 Likes

I was also born and raised in Long Beach and went to Catholic School there K-12. As to your opinion of Californians, 2 is a small number. In my career I dealt with multi millionaires to homeless. Violent criminals and the law abiding. I believe I had a good look at the population of Southern CA at their best and their worse. They are just people with the same basic motivations as any other part of the country. The people I associated with were working people with a sense of right and wrong. I look at the comments about Californians and laugh. Commifornia, etc. It’s the politicians and the One Party state we have. The power has been hijacked by the money “elites” on the coast and the public employee unions. The average guy, the taxpayer, is all but told to “Sit down. Shut up and Pay up.” Give the average Californian some slack.

7 Likes

My issue is not necessarily with The people of California as a whole. I worked as an officer for the Wyoming Department Corrections for a number of years and as such whether or not a person is or is not a criminal has no bearing on my out look. What does is that, like most people in about every state, the majority of the people have not been very far from home, much less very far from their birth place and as such are, on average naïve as to what the rest of the country is like, just as most American’s are naïve as to what the rest of the world is like, outside of what they see on TV. My concern is that the Majority of Californian’s do not have any real idea that the rest of the country is not anywhere as restricted as California is, and as such are being lead down a primrose path not knowing that the concept of Sit Down, Shut up and Pay up, as you put it, is not the norm and not tolerated in the majority of the Country.

4 Likes

@Hailey and @bulldog - thanks for your comments! I agree with you 100%. We need to stop generalizing people and see each other as true individuals. It’s something that takes a bit longer to specify when we’re talking in text, but it’s worth the effort to identify the exact group of people we are talking about.

Glad to have you both here!

3 Likes

Sounds much like the early stages of communist brainwashing.

1 Like

I’m writing this from the Smokies in Tennessee. Haha.

1 Like

I was born there, and while I lived lots of other places growing up, I lived there as an adult for about 20 years.
Part of the problem is that a great many Californians THINK they know what the rest of the country is like, and they look down on most of it. There is a whole lot of better than, and they are often quite sure they know better than the rest of us.
While there are certainly people in CA, and some areas like the central agricultural sections, that get it like we do, there is not enough of a voting block there to do much good.

California’s big voting blocks approve of Oregon and Washington states anti-gun policies, and their lifestyles, but dont have much desire to be on any path other than their own… because they know what’s best for all of us. :angry:

3 Likes

Sounds like N.J. A big reason I haven’t moved back since I left for the Military.

3 Likes