CA moves to outlaw USCCA & NRA Shooting Insurance

I was lucky enough to get to see different parts of the country (and Germany) while in the Army. My 5 years in Germany helped me to be able to look at things differently. The more of the language I learned while there the more I was able to understand (and appreciate) the differences between cultures.

While when I finished my 8 years active duty I decided to return to my home state. Not because I was home sick (most of my family at that point lived in different states) but because of all the places I lived for any length of time I liked that over all culture the best.

Who knows, when I retire I may move to someplace else (@Zee makes Missouri sound to good to be true) or maybe sooner if I get fired (you never know these days).

You are right @Lester most people who have not traveled and lived in other places really dont know what the rest of the world is like.

5 Likes

Thank you @Dawn, I agree, and I do strive to let people make their own impression without projecting bias on them. I don’t always succeed, but I do try, and hopefully, people let me stumble or hold myself up on my own impression and merit without bias too. I appreciate we can all talk together.

3 Likes

That’s because your home state is awesome! (Outside of the sub-zero temperatures and feet of snow in winter.) It also happens to be the home of the USCCA headquarters!

2 Likes

So California wants to ban insurance and now Massachusetts wants to require it. How can any of these laws be considered effective when the gun grabbers contradict themselves with their own ideas?

3 Likes

This is why I am glad to have finally become a TEXAS resident. Surrendered my CA ID and my Texas one will be arriving shortly. It’s a real mess.

3 Likes

Washington State did this in March 2019. New York also has done this. I joined U.S. Law Shield here in Washington State because of this. I am a Lifetime member of USCCA.

2 Likes

I fail to see the legal justification of CA doing this. How can they force an out of state business not to offer something to a resident of their state? Are they next going to ban non residents from buying groceries while visiting. There is simply nothing the wackos there will not try. I am so very glad we left that pandemonium years ago.

Randy

1 Like

This is why they’re trying to re-characterize the USCCA member benefits as “insurance” … because insurance is regulated at the federal and state level. If they can declare it insurance, then the regulation dictates what can and cannot be offered, sold, or utilized within the state.

Once that happens, limitations are all a matter of changing regs, not enacting laws, and that is a considerably lower bar, more easily changed, without voter control. Once its officially insurance, the insurance regs can be used to prohibit the product being offered at all.

4 Likes

Thank you for your informed comments Zee. The folks running CA sure seem to have their head in a place it should not be in.

3 Likes

ZI agree with your sentiments, but be sure of your facts. Nothing Washington wrote death with California in any way. Old George had long since checked out before America got anywhere close to California. What scares me is that the looney left gets loonier all the time. When I was a kid we worried about the communists, now they comprise one of our two parties☹️. When I was a kid these yoyo’s would be up before the House Unamerican Affairs Committee. Today they’re presidential candidates

4 Likes

Thank you Zee for your insightful explanation.

Randy

1 Like

The Cali part and GW was a reference to his warning ,of how the European countries were each approaching the union ,California was one of the first with deals for goods the warning was if we as a union do not put the union first over the individual state wants(obviously paraphrasing) that the country would be destroyed. The positioning here is that Cali in being one of the first openly hostile to the us constitutions 2ammendment, is helping to fuel new ways to breaking the Constitution and the 2nd amendment(regardless of reasoning the action is divide to the country. If you take a gander at Washington’s farewell address,the warning was clear,if states put states first above the federal need the union in his opinion at the time would be finished. At the time it was food and gun trade. Today it is federal vs state vs activism judicially,laws impacted by rulings from other countries(which aren’t supposed to be part of the basis of American jurisprudence) vs input from other places be it overseas or via the soroses of the world. The takeaway is protect the limited federal govt or loose and the 2nd is a huge part of this countries protection. Be it new angles on controlling insurance or something else we need to put the country and her people first, or we may all wind up living an enslaved life,with new ways.

3 Likes

As a lifelong Californian, I wish the misinformed Liberal ‘leadership’ would kindly stop infringing on our rights. I truly hope Newscum and other ‘elected’ official do not succeed in banning the USCCA and the NRA. At this rate only the criminals and illegal immigrants will possess rights. Shake my head. I am sad to see our once beautiful home state reduced to a literal sh*thole-filled homeless encampment. California is so utterly lost to Liberals, SJW, criminals, and illegal immigrants.

5 Likes

Thank God I was raised in Texas. Hearing stuff like this about other states feels like we’re talking about completely different countries. It’s so weird and just sad. I love sight-seeing and I’m a huge history buff, but I think I’ll pass on seeing any monuments or national parks in either NY or CA.

You folks from CA and NY, stay safe.

3 Likes

Understand where you’re coming from and fully concur.

1 Like

Can attest to that. Born in California, Lived there a long time, stationed in the Navy there. Moved to Alabama, met the right woman, never looked back.

Helped that my entire family except for my Aunt Bobby, and my 2 cousins, are the only people I would even consider talking to. The rest I truly hope I never see or speak to again.

I have some close friends, the most amazing wife and a daughter who is so brilliant, she shines like a star.

2 Likes

Brava, it does seem overwhelming in Cali. Here in Philadelphia, we had a 6 hour stand-off, you might of heard, two weeks ago. 6 LEO’s shot, by a felon, 72 offenses on his record, drug dealer, with an AR. The mayor calls for tougher guns laws. Why was this guy even on the street.? Liberal DA’s…
There’s likely no law this man would follow?
Or any other criminal minded person.
So when people ask why we need firearms of choice? Our right and our protection.
God bless you in Cali., keep up the right fight to protect yourself and loved ones.

5 Likes

Already done here in NY.

We have a bigger government problem than a murder problem.

1 Like

Did the same, but was nicer so I wouldn’t burn any bridges. Wanted me to go to Manhattan to open a nightclub, with a company apartment and I was like, no thank you. Too much snow and the liberals would be hunting me in a week and you would have to pay me almost triple what I make now to equal what I make now due to cost of living and cost of keeping a car. Now if you wanted me to go around the country opening clubs for you, that I can do.

1 Like

Hello everyone! So am I correct in assuming that my USCCA membership will possibly be “worthless” here in CA on Jan 1st, 2020? Thanks and be safe!

1 Like