Buying online

Anyone ever purchased a firearm online? I never have just curious how painful the process is and how long of a wait time I should expect. Thanks

2 Likes

Easy peasy. Reputable retailer and your local ffl. Times have probably improved with relatively low stock trickling in.

6 Likes

Bought one from psa.

4 Likes

Yes, It went pretty smooth through gunbroker and classic firearms. I reached out to my FFL first to make sure they would accept, then if the place did not have them on file as a FFL. The FFL had to send them a copy of their FFL and the rest was easy.

5 Likes

I bought from budsgunshop and had the gun delivered to a FFL. It was a smooth transaction.
The FFL fee was prohibitive though that I didn’t really save any money.

4 Likes

I’ve bought 2 1911s online with no problems. Shipped to an FFL less than a week to arrive.

Bought a AR-10 lower same way and it took longer. Through PSA but all of the other stuff came within 2 weeks.

4 Likes

No problems at all. As @Robert_M3 said, reputable dealer and FFL, and you should be good to go. Lots of great dealers out there, both reliable and helpful.

If you’re looking at something / somewhere particular, search for reviews. Or ask here — you’ll find no end of helpful advice and experience.

3 Likes

Same experience as others, recently purchased a Walther PDP Compact online, and it shipped to a local FFL. I paid the FFL the transfer fee, went through the background check and had my gun within a few days of purchase.

The local FFL will perform the background check. Fees can vary wildly between FFL holders so check ahead of time to make sure the added cost is worth it to you.

3 Likes

All but one of my firearms has been purchased online, due to lack of available/affordable inventory locally. Everything flies off the shelves here in pro-2A AZ! Develop a relationship with an FFL in your area, they area usually happy to do the transactions, because you’ll need other stuff to go with this online purchase; holster, ammo, cleaning items, extra magazines, etc. I found it helpful as well to contact them ahead of time so they’re aware that an item in inbound to their shop. Good luck with your upcoming purchase.

3 Likes

As long as it’s from a reputable dealer… Shipped to your local FFL, fees vary. ETA depends on if it’s in stock. Purchased 1 from gallery of guns, took less than a month. Another from CMMG, took about 4 months, they were pretty back-logged but it was worth it.

2 Likes

Wellcome Dan.
:paraguay::paraguay::paraguay::paraguay:

2 Likes

Last winter I ordered in stock deer rounds from federal. It took 6 weeks to get.

3 Likes