Bullets facing front or rear?

Let me pose a different yet similar question. Chest rig and rifle mags, bullets pointing left or right?

1 Like

Left hand loading, bullets pointing left. I only carry 3 mags on my left side. :us:

Update- I should have stated that I carry my mags upside down on my left side.
Simple one handed movement, pull the mag from the pouch, turn upward and insert.

1 Like

Bullets point towards strong side. From the front as in a PC or chest rig, grasp the rifle mag more like a typical pistol mag grasp, index finger along the front of the mag.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Bruce and Nathan. Iā€™ve only gotten to practice with my new chest rig once and it was a little awkward, couldnā€™t decide which direction I preferred. Iā€™ll work on pointing left (left handed loading) and just practice it out.

2 Likes

If you are using your left hand to grab the magazine, most people point the bullets towards the right.

As seen here

Source Chest Rig vs Belt Reloads - YouTube

Oh okay. Thats what I was doing. It didnt feel right but the other way required more manipulation. Just need more practice with my chest rig.

some magazine carriers the mag can only be carried facing 1 directionā€¦

might wanna keep that in mindā€¦ with the ones I use the bullets usually face forwardā€¦

extract mag rotate up and insert magā€¦ seems logical to me???

Front, when you grab the magazines you can feel the round in the top with your index finger, this helps with reloading. Your index finger should be on the leading edge of the magazine when you draw it from the pouch, this dramatically helps line up the mag with the well, especially in the dark!
Those who donā€™t carry a spare mag are risking adrenaline fueled determination from a wounded attacker, police and military donā€™t train with 1 magazine. Sometimes itā€™s not enough, bears and moose can easily absorb a magazine worth of ammo, so can multiple attackers. Just to be devils advocate, those of you above stating ones enough havenā€™t thought about scenarios that involve multiple attackers. You do the right thing by putting a bad guy down, but you out of ammo now, and the rest of the crew is heading your way, now what? Just a thought, a spare magazine doesnā€™t weigh much, just saying!!
USCCA even states that itā€™s one of the top three mistakes made, not carrying a spare mag.

Would you mind sharing the uscca link for top 3 mistakes including no spare magazine?

I know there are multiple ā€œmistakesā€ contents out there, the one I think of is to carry with a holster, to be concealed, and to not look for a fight

I think the most correct answers are ā€œthe same way I practicedā€ or ā€œthe same way every time.ā€

2 Likes

That is true. Consistency is key.

1 Like