Bullet Resistant Holsters

Does anyone know where to buy bulletproof or resistant holsters? I saw video showing it works but now the company does not seem to have them.

1 Like

What is the purpose of this type of holster, sounds like a movie prop?
Are you suggesting the holster could prevent or help if you fired the weapon while in the holster, what would that help, you still have the explosive gases from the powder, if it stopped the bullet what would stop the recoil of the weapon? Sounds like an idea in search of a question.

Larry

4 Likes

Holster shooting
sounds like the “new” Russian roulette!

“Hold still
I (almost) never miss.”

1 Like

It’s Barney Fife all over, again.

1 Like

Well, if you carry AIWB, it could possibly prevent being shot in the gun. :rofl:

Never heard of such an animal, nor can imagine the purpose of it. I did a quick search and found this, and this - LOL. The first link mentions “bullet resistant holsters”, but does not explain the use or reason for it. Also, the link in the article does not go anywhere useful. My only thought is that as it a website geared (no pun intended) toward providing police equipment, that the “bullet resistant” holster is intended for ballistic vest wear, in case your firearm gets shot before you can unholster it.

2 Likes

So, it is supposed to protect your gun. :rofl: The best way to prevent that is not to point your firearm at it. As the video confirms, pull the trigger on a loaded firearm, it will discharge, regardless of where it is and what it is pointed at.

I will stand by intial impression of such a product, BUNK. If you can handle a weapon in a safe manner, buy an attack dog.
The words of the inventor indicated a controled test, what was the control level. A 124 grain 9MM cartridge generates almost 28,000 p.s.i. If you want to have your finger on the trigger while replaceing the the weapon into the holster you do not need a weapon or you need further training.
To me this ranks up with the jet pack for travel.
Thanks, but no thanks.
Larry

1 Like

Not sure what a ‘bullet proof’ holster would be for

Never even heard of one.

2 Likes

Hey
 a jetpack has value and might be good

I still want my Jetson’s flying car.

4 Likes

Sounds like a solution looking for a problem to me. A sucker is born every minute. :thinking:

3 Likes

@Kevin29 Who needs a car? Ship to ship. A problem with a solution. :+1:

Navy Assault Trials! - YouTube

1 Like

Hahahaha what can I say