Bug out bag

Tribal warfare…
In Central America… human sacrifice.
and yes, there were diseases that were brought here… but there were diseases here that Europeans had not had.

2 Likes

And Tobaco, don’t forget Tobaco.

2 Likes

because 95% of the ‘indians’ did not die from settlers diseases.

1 Like

@Henry4 It is generally considered bad form to hijack someones thread by going off topic.
Yes, it happened and yes, it was terrible. Anyone who has studied history knowes this.
It is in the past, no one living now had anything to do with it. Not many people believe in Generational Shame, we didn’t have anything to do with it.
As a Non-Indian I worked in a B.I.A. Tribal Detention Facility for 6 1/2 years so I have a unique insight. I got along with 90% of the inmates, the other 10% just wanted to blame anyone for their life failings but themselves and especially a White Man.
Did you know G.S. is still taught to adult Native Americans in Jail? No wonder many are not able to adjust to real life if they are living in the past three to four hundred years.
It is in the past, done and over, let the hate go.

3 Likes

@Kevin29 Don’t take the bait. It is an argument I have been in and you won’t win. Haters will hate.
Just my humble and informed opinion. :wink:

1 Like

Very much agree with the need BOB and GHB. Thanks for clarifying your intent. :+1:

3 Likes

Just a tip, as you “borrow” things out of your GHB don’t forget to audit the bag everynow and then to replace the borrowed stuff.

The other day I went to my bag to borrow a bic lighter to start a burn pile, no lighter!

@Dawn 's topic of which bag do you like, I still can’t say enough about how much I like that 511 RUSH bags!

4 Likes

And for items that expire… :slight_smile: Made that mistake once with burn cream.

3 Likes

@Kevin29

I like the soap, does not foam as quick as my last soap but that probably because someone filled my soap cup with water an dissolved my last bar which then solidified to a super soft bar easy to brush. The way I lather up is to get the brush wet and build lather since I dont need lots of it.

It has a nice lemon scent that sticks around for a little bit. I like it.

2 Likes

Thank you.
I might have to try it. I purchased some Van Der Hagen, partly because that was available and the price was not bad, but I would like to check out the Scottish Fine Soaps and Taylor of Bond Street, but the Williams seems to have a good price also and after checking some reviews, and your input, it sounds like a good choice.

Getting hard around where I am to find supplies.

1 Like

I also evaluate our BOG seasonally, for instance, come winter I make sure we have extra thermal socks and winter gear in the fall and again come Spring. I don’t need insulated socks in July etc

I’ll also swap out medicine to make sure it’s “fresh”

4 Likes