I’m watching an update live right now. This makes me feel sick. What and why are kids doing this?
US Sen. Michael Bennet, D-Colorado, also called for a national gun violence conversation and nonpartisan action.
“It’s long past time for Congress to take meaningful action to keep deadly weapons out of the wrong hands,” he said.
I have not found information on whether or not Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, the 21-year-old suspect, was a prohibited person. So, whose hands are the “wrong” hands? All the “gun control” legislation I have ever read or heard about only impacts the law-abiding, and those in the lower economic strata far more.
This policy worked well here. \sarc.
Customers who shop at Colorado’s 148 King Soopers and City Market stores are being asked to “no longer openly carry firearms” into the stores, echoing a move made by retail rival Walmart a day earlier.
In its announcement, Cincinnati-based Kroger, the parent company of King Soopers and City Market, said its request applies to anybody who shops in its stores with the exception of law enforcement officers.
“Our No. 1 priority is the safety of our associates and customers,” Kelli McGannon, a King Soopers spokeswoman, said Wednesday.
Story on King Sooper Open Carry Policy
There is NO amount of wording here to adequately describe how upset we should be about this shooting incident.
Unfortunately, I am expecting there to be a follow up in the next few days that STARTS THE PUSH FOR MORE GUN CONTROL. I want to be wrong!
Quick article heavy.com released in which his siblings say he was disturbed and paranoid.
It’s disgusting. It wasn’t a kid though was it? The picture of the shooter didn’t look like it.
Honest question… How do we go four years without a major shooting but Biden is in office and we have a Dem majority in the Legislature with their focus turning to gun control over the last two weeks and coincidentally we have two shootings within 7 days? I don’t believe to heavily in coincidences.
Did they have a nongun sign up when this shooting happened?
Another one that left a lot of clews and no one did anything with them, especially his family. And now it’s the evil gun.
"Witnesses told the Denver Post about touching moments amid the tragedy of a mass shooting that left multiple people dead. James Bentz, 57, told the newspaper he escaped the grocery store by jumping off the loading dock at the back of the store. He saw younger people helping older people off the platform, he said.
“It seemed like all of us had imagined we’d be in a situation like this at some point in our lives,” he said."
Rhetorical question: If they had imagined they might be a situation like this, then why were none of them shooting back?
Because it’s a gun-free zone.
Neither do I.
Collateral damage doesn’t mean a thing to wicked people.
I found this on another forum so I’ll post it right here:
“I propose that all “Gun Free Zones” should be required to do intense screening complete with metal detectors that everyone must pass through. And armed well trained security must monitor the area.”
Makes sense to me.
Are you prepared to talk to people about this incident? Be a good ambassador for lawful concealed carry and firearms. Don’t argue, discuss and ask questions.
- Tell people you haven’t heard all the facts yet and can only say that it is a tragedy and your heart goes out to the victims and their families.
- Don’t start talking about race, religion or other “he must have been X, Y, or Z” or just crazy. Let the investigators investigate and find out the real facts. (problem is media will miss report it and spin it anyway so it will take a while to get the real truth.)
- Be prepared to talk about the requirements for legal gun ownership. Background checks and waiting periods that are already in place.
- I don’t even know what kind of gun was used. Assault rifle is a political term. All firearms are dangerous if a person is out to kill people and all firearms are assault weapons when so used. Avoid arguing about guns at all until the facts are out.
- If the discussion if for more laws, ask what law would they propose that would have prevented the tragedy.
- If it is about guns, ask what is a bad gun and are any guns good? What about the gun that stopped so many bad guys from doing more damage? You should be familiar with a lot of real events where citizens stopped bad guys with good guns.
- You don’t change anyone’s mind or heart by calling them names. Like being faced with an armed opponent, be calm, rational, and use facts and logic. That is what the other side can’t do.
8 or 1 pray for the victims and their families. We need more God and prayer helps.
FB scrubbed his profile fast, but not fast enough. Seems ideologically motivated? Just a tad? Congress needs to investigate if any recent tweets by its members triggered this guy. Unless they want to discuss assault weapons, like trucks and meat cleavers,
Of course we dont know all the facts yet, we will wait for CNN to report on them truthfully. We are not investigators, and will not jump to conclusions, we dont have the smarts and experience to connect the dots. We are also too polite and too gutless to have a pointed conversation about the obvious.
Your cracking me up. Really!!
The agenda has been set in stone!
“Everyone sees what you (the guy in the White House) to be, few experience what he really is! -Machiavelli, The Prince. (Paraphrased)
This is a last straw for them. This crisis, and it is another crisis, will not be waisted!
“He’s on a mission from God”
Prayers to the families, no one should have to worry about going to a grocery store or church or just going about our daily business!
Always carry, always one in the chamber!
Is that true, they really had that all in place? Didn’t the CO SCOTUS just rule against AR15 bans too?