Body Armor advice

Looking for some advice on body armor. Dont want to go broke as it wont be worn often. Any recommendations on where I can purchase it and which offers best protection.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Hey, @Mike131 welcome to the family! I use bulletsafe, here is a link; and you can make payments. https://bulletsafe.com/

Or if you want something for more situational availability check out spartan armor systems.

2 Likes

Personally I see no reason or need for body armor. At least right now. If you are observing best practices of situational awareness and avoiding potentially troublesome areas, you can easliil find COVER in your immediate environment.
I am older. I believe carrying the weight of BA would be a detriment to me.Reducing maneuverability, tiring me out via weight, and everyone knows where to shoot to defeat it. Unless you are carrying 35 lbs of BA you are still vulnerable. Let me maneuver and I will be a lot more comfortable ALL DAY LONG and able to use best practices for finding real cover, which is still something you need to do us wearing BA.
Not trying to discourage you if you are young and supple, but for me the added weight would be crushing, even with the new lightweight plates. Muephays law… wear body armor over your back and chest, sandwich board style. You will ne shot in the artery in our leg or neck. I think people are on to the limitations of BA.
My opinion
John

3 Likes

Welcome to the community Mike…while I don’t yet have body armor myself…I have been saving my money for what I feel is an appropriate set of armor for not just myself, but my family as well (under the circumstances).

I should be able to purchase it at some point in the future.

8 Likes

I would say most people dont need military grade armor with RIP cord and everything; unless you’re near a lake. I like spartan armors trauma pads, as well as the different cuts they offer for vests; which matters somewhat if using rifle.
I like bulletsafe because, simple, reliable and affordable. Payments made it nice.
If the riots are leading you to want armor, you should think, do I need to conceal my armor under a shirt? if so; read the details very carefully. Am I in an area where I would most likely be faced with handgun rounds? If so, a level 3 or 3a+ would be sufficient. I always advise 3a or 3a+ as a minimum because it’s harder to see a knife attack coming. If you’re worried you will face rifle rounds, then you need to look at plates, which adds to weight. Finally, do you need front plates, or front and back? That’s for each individual to answer. (Though I would say Black Hawk Down taught us to always wear our back plate)
So, your movement will be restricted somewhat, there will be some weight on your chest if your running and what not, and most armor (especially with plates) is hard to conceal. Just some things to consider.

2 Likes

I appreciate your opinion. I am older and the weight would be an inconvience. But its only for a few hours and I feel the extra protection given my circumstance out weighs the other issues. Thanks for opinion.

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome and the response. I will definitely look into it.

3 Likes

I have a set keep it next to bed. I sleep light, house full of early alarm dogs plus digital security. Plus a battle belt. So I can be geared up in under 30seconds.

3 Likes

Any recommendation on battle belts you like?

2 Likes

I use an Elite Survival Systems. Mainly because I can just put it on and not try to thread it through belt loops.

3 Likes

Sorry not really

1 Like

@Mike131. Welcome to the community, train hard and stay safe. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks

2 Likes

I’ve been considering this same thing… after watching several video reviews, i came across this armor that seems to work really well for the price.

3 Likes

The BulletSafe Bulletproof Vest - Level IIIA for $299

Will this vest take a Desert Eagle .50 round? …check and find out.
Desert Eagle .50 vs. Bulletproof Vest by BulletSafe
Is this vest stab proof? …YUP

2 Likes

“DON’T TRY THIS ONE AT HOME”
This guy don’t just stand behind this jacket, he’s wearing and shoots him self in it. ( oouch )

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and god bless you. As far as advice for body armor I can’t help you with that. I have been retired 16 years from law enforcement and the vest we had were block point with a shock plate from what I remember and I don’t believe I would’ve recommended those. Carry on brother.

2 Likes

These inserts look pretty strong I agree with @RickeyC with this recommendation.

2 Likes

There’s no way I would’ve done that but it did work. Kudos to the individual in that video.

2 Likes