Best place to get hard to find fire arms

Hello all. Just joined USCCA and I’m glad to be a part of something awesome! I’m posting to see if anyone has any insight on finding “hard to find” fire arms. I specifically am looking for a Glock 19x , but I thought it might be a help to others to share info and outlets.

Thanks,

Rob

4 Likes

Go to an online site such as gunbroker.com. Quick search and they have 31 different auctions. Look for a buy it now and you dont have to wait for an auction to end. Prior to that, check with your local gun shop about doing a transfer as you will still have to have it sent to a FFL. Another option would be to use the gunbroker.com FFL finder to find one. It has been my experience that sometimes gun shops can get a little grumpy about online transfers as they see it as a missed sale. So, find your FFL, find one on gunbroker, pay for it, have your chosen FFL send a copy of the FFL to the seller, wait till it arives at your FFL, fill out the paperwork as you do for any other firearm purchase, pay the transfer fee, and you are good to go.

There are other sites too such as gunsamerica, buds gun shop, etc.

5 Likes

Be careful ordering online - here is my story and lessons - i was looking for a currently “hard to find” Ruger -

1 Like

Appreciate it. I found that some FFL gun shops charge much lower, and some much higher - to accept delivery for us. Found two shops, one charges $50 more than the other. Shop around. Many will even communicate by email, if you prefer.

I have had pretty good experience with Gunbroker, but pay attention to seller fees, some do not charge extra for plastic bank/credit card use, other accepts checks Vs money orders, while other sellers accept the Gunbroker payment whereby you deposit into the Gunbroker account, but with that - you’d feel better if you have your loved one your password, God forbid something happen to you, you will want a loved one to know you have funds in that account.

If some of the anti gunners get their way there will be a publicly viewable online register of all gun owners and the guns they own. Then you can look up the court records for all the criminals that are getting early releases and ask one of them to reference that gun owners list and pick you up the one you want.