Best 9mm handgun for a woman to carry concealed

nope… :point_up:… my another gun is going to be this:
czomega

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

How concealable is the SP101?

2 Likes

Well, it’s a belt gun. That said, it’s a 5 shot, 2.25 inch barrel revolver. I’d say on par with a small, single stack 9 mm semiautomatic, like a Shield. I’ve shot one in .357, and I could see 9 mm being a dream.

2 Likes

There are several across the country.

3 Likes

I like them also Mike, There’s 6 Shoot Point Blanks here in my immediate area. Happy Safe Saturday Sir!

2 Likes

Taurus G2C.

4 Likes

@Orpackrat. Taurus USA is officially offering $25 rebates good through December 31st
On the G2C

4 Likes

If you find you like the Smith and Wesson 9mm Shield, they also are offering a rebate until the end of December…

S&W Rebate Offer

2 Likes

Cool I’m going to check out I’ve been interested in that one.

2 Likes

Sig Sauer and Glock is a great place to check all of the firearms. Remember this, try before you buy. Go to a gun range and check if they rent something you like to try out.

3 Likes

My mother was complaining to me one day that she can’t carry in her waistband because her revolver is so bulky and so is my compact. So I told her to slip my XDS into her waistband and had her feel the grip on it. She was amazed that my XDS 4.0 vanished beneath her clothes. Now I have yet to have her shoot it and see if she really likes it but that’s as far as I have gotten 🤷

2 Likes

@luke_ouellette that’s a great start :slight_smile:
I find my eye draws me to a firearm, my intellect tells me if its a viable option and if the accuracy is good for what I need, but its my hands that decide if I’m buying it :smiley:

5 Likes

Fred, there is now a 9mm EZ version of the Shield. Have her get her hands on that and see if she likes it.

9 Likes

Totally agree with MikeBKY and Craig6. Find a range that does rentals and let her try out has many has she needs to. It’ll be her choice and her alone and most definitely get her into a Women Only class.

4 Likes

Agreed down the line. I know when I hold it in my hand if it’s for me, or not

4 Likes

My brother sister and I are getting our mom the Taurus g2c 9mm next week for her birthday. She said she like the way it feels in her hand

4 Likes

Kind of surprised the glock 19 didn’t come up. It might be big for carry, but you can’t beat the size as far as comfort and concealability. I’m not a glock guy, but I will always recommend them when someone asks for a gun recommendation. Shield 9 (They have the EZ now). There are smaller guns with higher capacity, BUT the shield has a good weight, it’s fun to shoot (my wife and sister-in-law own one). Taurus would also be a good option. My father had the pt111 and it is a very good 9mm pistol, especially for the price.

1 Like

What’s the best 9mm for a woman? The same as it is for a man… the one that fits them, they shoot well with, and that they can conceal comfortably. :wink:

12 Likes

@Dawn is a great example what woman can carry :wink: Doesn’t need to be small Shield-ish pistol :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I would like to add that the grip - I don’t mean the one on the weapon, how a person man or woman can hold on to the weapon is very important. When they can hold the weapon with that push pull grip and feel comfortable, that is the one. They will shoot better groups and feel more comfortable and want to practice more. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like