Below the Belt LeatherLock G3

I’m considering this holster without wearing a belt. Any input?

1 Like

I couldn’t figure out how to put this in the correct spot.

1 Like

IMHO it’s pretty much like any other IWB holster… depends on what you wear? SEEMS like it would create a odd shape or bulge with certain clothing??? but… never seen one quite like it before??? so YMMV?

1 Like

I have been using the G3 off and on for over a year now. Without a belt the ‘loaded’ G3 would pull down on the pants and be in an uncomfortable position. This lengthens the draw pull and creates more ‘snag’ points because the amount that your pants are pulled down (because of no belt) must be compensated for. The position of the lower ride of the G3 without a belt may be something you can get used to. The rig is designed to be used with a belt, I wear a belt and I like the G3. As with any holster, there is a training period to get used to it. The G3 is not the fastest holster but for concealability does a real good job. I am very happy with mine.

1 Like

@Chas
So you’re saying it works well with a belt?

1 Like

Yes, it does work well with a belt. The pistol will be a lot lower than a ‘regular’ AIWB, my pistol grip is almost an inch below the bottom of my belt. It feels more like a pocket carried pistol would feel. I have pants that the first belt loop is so far back that I need to attach the G3 in front of it, l don’t find this real comfortable and rather than ‘get used to it’ I use another holster when I have to wear that pair. I use the G3 80% of the time. It is not a ‘speed’ draw holster, but a really well concealed rig. My G3 was a gift, I rotated it with the different options of an Alien Shape Shifter and I like the G3 better than the SS AIWB. If you don’t think you would have a problem with the way a pocket carry would feel then you will probably like the G3. Drawing with the G3 is one more step than other holsters, clear clothing with strong hand, pull G3 with off hand and ‘hold’ clothing then draw/pull from G3. It is different but I like it.

1 Like

I can not see this as being a good holster. First, the weapon is inconveniently located below the beltline. To me, this is putting pressure on the holster and weapon, first, you need enough pressure from the belt to hold your pants up, but not so much pressure as to impede the lifting of the weapon into the draw position. Second, if you are sitting down, driving, or such, the holster is being held by the pressure of your pants as well as the belt. Next is the fact that anytime you bend over the weapon/holster is not in the best position to allow a clean draw.
The other problem I see is that the leather is next to your skin and the weapon is being placed in a very warm/moist area, neither of which is good. The last item, after a while the leather is going to smell and not in a good way.
Those items are what I saw when first looking into this holster, I will not buy one and suggest that anyone looking into this product check it out from top to bottom.
Just my opinion. YMMV.

Larry

1 Like

While I have not tried the G3, I do love both the lockleather iwb and owe holsters. I find them comfortable and easy to wear, of course I do always wear a belt with both holsters.