Anyone use an urban carry holster?

Anyone EDC with an urban carry holster? Looking at the G3 for my shield plus but would like some real world feedback.

Thanks!

I’ve been using a G3 for my SA Hellcat for 2 years now. I like it and it is a well made product. That said … it is a very different way to carry. The whole pistol is ‘in your pants’, the pistol grip is actually below the belt. The break in time isn’t much different than any other leather holster but after 30 + years of open and concealed carry it took me more time to get used to the feeling than to break in the holster.

If you have watched the video, there is a little more practice time involved to draw as quickly as the demonstrator does compared to a ‘regular’ holster. When you grab the tab and pull, you are moving the pistol a lot further than a ‘normal’ draw would require. You have to pull the holster up far enough to allow your hand to grip the pistol then you have to draw the pistol out of the holster, almost like drawing twice.

This is not a holster made for speed, practice does make you better but unless the other guy has the same rig you may be at a disadvantage.

All that said, I like and use mine daily. For $75 ish it may not be any different than any other holster that you try, I have my holster box with more than a few duds just like everyone else.

1 Like

Never used their G series but currently have 2 lock leather holsters. Well made and great customer service

Thanks Chas. Having a tough time getting used to IWB and this seemed like a decent alternative. I think I’d rather be a bit slower on a draw as opposed to not carrying all the time.

I started using it when my ‘love handles’ started to make IWB uncomfortable.

1 Like

I have a G3 for my Shield 2.0, but I don’t use it, because I try to draw and it will not come out easily. It gets caught some way and for the life of me I can’t figure out why, when it looks so easy when others do it.

I really like the concept though, and I found it comfortable.

oseph161

1h

I have a G3 for my Shield 2.0, but I don’t use it, because I try to draw and it will not come out easily. It gets caught some way and for the life of me I can’t figure out why, when it looks so easy when others do it.

When you draw it should not be a straight up motion, the pistol may get stuck under the belt. When you first start the draw try to pull towards the center of your chest then up. I tried loosening my belt but this caused problems, went to suspenders with looser belt to get the draw right then suspenders and tightened the belt a notch at a time till didn’t need suspenders.

2 Likes

A!so use the lock leather, love the quality and feel always had great customer service and support, and I do ask a lot of questions. Lock leather has been a great fit for comfort and pistol fit, with nice retention feature.

2 Likes

Question, I wear my jeans a little tight (always have), perhaps I should say I wear slim jeans (not trying to be weird about the way I dress). Can the G3 be worn with tighter pants? Not much room between my jeans and leg…