Being grateful

Sometimes we tend to take things for granted.
I’m grateful to live in a nation with the 2nd Amendment.,
I’m grateful for the organizations who have tenacious lawyers to fight against those who want to nullify the 2nd Amendment, and I’m grateful be able to contribute to them.
I’m grateful for this shiny handgun and a box of cartridges sitting here, which I can employ to protect my family against violent criminals and anarchists, if it’s necessary.
I’ve got a lot to be thankful for.

24 Likes

“Nah, I hate America.”

Sadly, entitled pampered spoiled generation has mastered the art of complaining and whining.

And then, you add ungrateful non-assimilating immigrants like the legislator from MinneSomalia that should be declared persona non grata :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes

The good Lord has blessed me and my wife very abundantly. I am grateful every single day and am still grateful to be an American. Despite our significant troubles, our Republic is still the best nation on the planet. Where I live in Virginia, we have law and order and a 2nd Amendment friendly government for the most part. I am still very, very grateful.

15 Likes

I’m absolutely grateful to be an American! R and I have been blessed with plenty, not rich, but never to want for anything. I’m glad to be able to have an effect on the rulers, be it ever so small. With brotherhood and intellect we will prevail. I have faith in the American People.

14 Likes

We are past human intervention in what is going on. No politician can fix it and most of those who may have the power to turn it around are hiding under their desks (pastors, priests, and others of the clergy). Time to turn back to God. Prayer, gratitude and thanksgiving need to be a daily focus in life, no matter how bleak things look. And, not just on a holiday. Every day, throughout the day. Even just a slight bit of gratitude or helping make someone else’s day a bit better: giving a tired clerk a smile and greeting them by the name on their name tag, or helping the elderly cross the parking lot. Gratitude is more than words; it’s actions.

14 Likes

^^^^^^^^^^^^WHAT HE SAID!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I AM PROUD to be an AMERICAN/
Never lost that, even when our feckless leaders left us swingin’ Dik’s in the breeze with no support
it wasn’t US who failed! Everyone who has been in Battle has done so for the Country, the dude and duddette beside them. WE NEVER LOST!. They just screwed us and made back room deals and Lined their pockets by selling War Material to EVERYBODY! It’s all about MON$Y, It’s always been about M$ney! Money is their GOD! They can NEVER have enough! Stacking the deck against your own Soldiers is one of the worst evil’s I can think of. Setting up INNOCENTS to starve and be Murdered, abused and killed is another. When the dust settles we will know who did what and if they aren’t already dead they will be.
The pull-out of Afgan-a-stain is a prime example of their Callousness and disregard for human life.
For me no more examples are necessary. Why some people still think they are ‘Working for us’? Is beyond me.

11 Likes

This was part of a speech given by Pastor Charles G. Finney to a group of fellow pastors. Note the date the speech was given after reading…

THE PULPIT IS RESPONSIBLE :

Brethren, our preaching will bear its legitimate fruits. If immorality prevails in the land, the fault is ours in a great degree.

If there is a decay of conscience, the pulpit is responsible for it.

If the public press lacks moral discrimination, the pulpit is responsible for it.

If the church is degenerate and worldly, the pulpit is responsible for it.

If the world loses its interest in religion, the pulpit is responsible for it.

If Satan rules in our halls of legislation, the pulpit is responsible for it.

If our politics become so corrupt that the very foundations of our government are ready to fall away, the pulpit is responsible for it.

Let us not ignore this fact, my dear brethren; but let us lay it to heart, and be thoroughly awake to our responsibility in respect to the morals of this nation.

– Pastor Charles G. Finney , December 4, 1873

8 Likes

4 Likes

Thank you for posting this. I don’t know a whole lot about Finney. But I surely appreciate this perspective.

(I did have a godly friend now deceased who was named after Finney.)

4 Likes

I would challenge the legitimacy of these pulpiteers and suspect you do as well. :grin:

4 Likes

One man put it this way:

When gratitude dies on the altar of a man’s heart, that man is well nigh hopeless.

Agreed that we have much to be thankful for. Specifically, I’m thankful for:

A wife who supports my 2nd amendment journey and my efforts at training from time away to budget.

Kids who support me in this and enjoy going to the range and all things firearms.

Kids who are safe around firearms and who are emotionally stable enough to be trusted to not misuse them. On my broader family history, we’ve had tragedy including murder and suicide. Thankful I can sleep at night without worrying what my kids will do (not that I’m naive or stupid.)

Thankful for an employer who supports the second amendment.

Thankful for a family with second amendment heritage in gun ownership and hunting.

Thankful for the opportunity to acquire a few firearms if my own and a land that still allows me to have them.

Thankful for a community of people to have online fellowship who remind me to be thankful!

7 Likes

These are some False teachers right here! RUN From Them!

4 Likes

Thank you for posting that. Today, here and now, as I sit here in this country with the blessings we still have, I feel the same. I will do whatever I can to protect those blessings for ourselves, and, most importantly, for the generations of Americans not yet born.

9 Likes

I have never been accused of being a religious man, but I have always tried to be righteous. That is a kind of funny statement coming from me because of my favorite comment when people start talking about being grateful for where they are from. I say I am American by birth and Texan by the Grace of Almighty God.

I am grateful for being American. I am grateful for being Texan. I would be grateful if I were from somewhere else., but I kinda like Texas though, so I’ll stay here.

What I am most grateful for is being able to wake up every morning with my Best Friend. I don’t know what I did to deserve her, but she chose me as her life partner. I am grateful I am hers and she is mine.

A favorite song lyric comes to me that explains it:

'cause it’s a five o’clock world when the whistle blows
No-one owns a piece of my time
And there’s a long-haired girl who waits, I know
To ease my troubled mind, yeah!

The Vogues
5 O’clock World

9 Likes

I’m grateful for being an AMERICAN, I’m grateful for my wife, who keeps me in check, I’m grateful for my children who keep emptying my bank account. I’m grateful for my grandchildren for keeping me laughing. I’m grateful for my service to the country with which I wouldn’t be the man I am.
I’m grateful for Trump’s 4 years. He allowed me to prosper. I’m grateful for Trump for having the strength and fortitude to keep up the fight!
I’m grateful I was born in an era of freedom, rock-n-roll music, peace, love, honest to goodness protests.
I’m grateful I live in a part of the country that hasn’t been overruled by psychopaths.
I’m grateful I will never have to watch this movie again!
I’m ashamed at the trajectory a few administrations have put us on! Namely the third Omomma administration! Disgraceful, shameful, treasonous humans!
I’m grateful to have folk’s online who cherish national pride, service and integrity.
Finally, I’m grateful for my cardiologist one whom did NOT graduate from a terrorist university!
God save the USA!

9 Likes

I am gratefully thankful God restores my soul within me with compassion every morning.

4 Likes