Barreta Model 92, is it the best semi ever made?

So, is the Barretta model 92 the most reliable and accurate semi-auto ever made?

6 Likes

People either hate it or love it, I loved it and shot it well, but I don’t own one. :slightly_frowning_face:
I LOVE my 1911s in .45 more. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

@Todd30 :smiley:ALL I CAN SAY IS “YES!!!” :star_struck: :kissing_heart: “YES IT IS!!!” And I had it in my HANDS :hugs: And walked out with the SIG P320 Full Size 17 rd mag. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: Oh well! :grin: It’s like that Gorgeous Chic you could of, would of, should of, but you let her get away.

5 Likes

In my opinion, the p210 is possibly more accurate. I really like the model 92…it is certainly a beautiful piece and nice to shoot, but there are some that are more my thing than the 92. One is a 1911, and the other is my p229. People may sh!t on the 229 because they don’t feel like it shoots as well as some other offerings, but for me, that’s my one :man_shrugging:t3: . After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

7 Likes

Beretta 92 is really one of the best handguns ever made.
But is it “the most reliable and accurate semi-auto ever made”? I don’t know and I’m not sure.
Every pistol is designed a little differently and these small differences can change our affection.

I personally prefer SIG 226 and I think I shoot it better than Beretta 92.
Can Beretta be compared to 1911? I think it wouldn’t be fair. These are designed completely differently and shooting is not the same.

5 Likes

I used the 92 while in the military and own one currently. I really like it.

But…best ever?

The ergonomics didn’t suit me well and it never felt natural in my hand.
I always thought the grip was a bit large, even for my XL hands, and I put some thinner VZ grip panels on my personal 92.
The slide mounted safety is a disaster waiting to happen. I should convert mine to a de-cocker only, but haven’t yet.
Otherwise a lovely pistol that shoots very well. The all-metal frame tames recoil; the long sight radius helps with accuracy.
I’ll take a 1911 every time.

8 Likes

Used to have one similar. Was impressed by that all steel quality, tough as heck.

3 Likes

No, it is not

4 Likes

:joy: best, fastest and shortest answer so far…
But it’s true… :+1:

4 Likes

No!

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

@Craig6 , you could be winner with your answer… but you have ruined everything with these :point_down:

:wink:

2 Likes

I really like the 92 (although I ended up with an M9 civilian version).

WC ultra thin grips and a 14 lbs hammer spring and it feels like a completely custom firearm.

However, even with the mods the DA trigger pull is a tad too far to make it into my EDC rotation… overall size and weight being other factors.

1 Like