What is the most reliable gun you own?

And how did you decide it was such?

For me it’s basically a tie, I have a G19.4 and a VP9 that each have about 4,200 rounds fired without any malfunctions.

3 Likes

I have several thousand rounds through my Sig P290RS, and Sig P250, and just over 500 through my relatively new Walther PPQ, with no issues. I am just getting started with stress testing my P365X. I also research reliability issues on-line and by contacting manufacturers, retailers, instructors and others prior to making a purchase decision.

4 Likes

Tough decision. Most of handguns I own or owned were super reliable out of the box.
Taking under consideration only pistols without single malfunction (I’m not counting user’s or ammo faults) and over 2K rounds:

• Walther PPQ
  • Staccato C2, P, R
  • CZ P-01
  • M&P9 M2.0

There were few more, but they either had problem that required small adjustments / modifications or were shot less than 1K.
So far I never own a firearm that wasn’t reliable after modifications, small corrections or adjustment.

4 Likes

M9 has been …perfection :wink:
1911 had a trigger issue once
Glocks have stovepiped a round on rare occasion, generally crap ammo that the Berettas open slide had no issue with.
M&P 2.0 .45c has been perfect so far, but low round count…and a bit of a mystery accuracy wise.

5 Likes

Right on.

Kind of a “trust, but verify” situation. I am the same. Read forums, ask people, watch guntube videos, etc, to somewhat narrow down the eligible choices, don’t want to waste time and money with known problem children, but you can’t trust any specific man made machine/firearm without testing that exact one…so no matter how reliable a gun make/model is for other people, you gotta test yours for yourself in your own hands.

2 Likes

Smith and Wesson model 686 - 357 Magnum

6 Likes

Ummm… all of them, or I wouldn’t own them! :+1:

4 Likes

I get where you’re coming from, but, at least for me, YMMV, some guns don’t have to be 100% reliable to serve their purpose.

If I get a malfunction here or there shooting loose pack bulk ammo in my .22lr, that’s okay for me, just as an example, I’m not going to sell my .22lr trainers because they sometimes have a failure to fire or failure to eject. I’m not going to list them as my most reliable guns either lol

2 Likes

My SIG P239 in .40S&W. Have put more garbage ammo through it that made other pistols fail and it has never, in over 20 years, malfuntioned once. My G22.4, converted to 9mm, has also been reliable but I haven’t put anything but quality ammo through it and haven’t owned it nearly as long.

2 Likes

Probably my Les Baer Monolith 1911. Had it for over 20 years and shot every type of ammo from hollow points to garbage reloads. Don’t ever remember a single failure to fire, extract or eject. Even still using the original mags it came with.

4 Likes

Most Reliable “Gun” would be my Remington Model 700 .270, in 15 years I don’t remember it not feeding and firing once.
Now, talk about EDC concealed hand guns, that would be my Ruger LCR .38 Spcl, it a hammerless revolver so there’s not much that can go wrong.

3 Likes

I really think it’s interesting that some folks here have a most reliable firearm. I like that.

3 Likes

If I was to only pick one, then it is FN FNP-40 (40 S&W). I’ve owned it the longest and never had one issue with it.

Others I’ve owned thru the years with zero issues are Barretta 84FS (380) and Barretta Px4 Storm Full Size (40 S&W).

The Colt Delta Elite (10mm) has had zero issues so far but does not have enough ammo thru it yet to claim long term reliability.

3 Likes

Berreta 92F. Made in 1986 and fired a lot of times with no issue. Its still a nice firing pistol.

2 Likes

A question. Do you fire steel case ammo thru your M9? I have a 92f and 92X and was told steel case can damage the extractor.

No steel case, just brass. Shot a lot of Freedom Munitions ammo through my 9’s, a case of some crap reloads which the Glocks choked on, then on to Winchester NATO and some Turkish NATO.

2 Likes

I fired some +p+ flat nose ammo thru mine until I read the fine print that said not for use in pistols. Never used it again thats for sure.

1 Like

3 Likes

Mine is probably my kimber micro 9mm not one problem in the three years I been carrying it it’s my every day carry as well

3 Likes

My carry gun. M&P 45c 1.0. I would have said my Ruger GP100, but, the Smith has had more ammo run through it. Neither of them has ever failed to go bang. So, the 45 wins on a technicality.

3 Likes