Ballistic eyewear

I guess I am just a reckless risk taker since I usually just wear my impact resistant prescription glasses or sun glasses. They do not officially meet the ANSI standard though I have been told my sunglasses actually exceed the standard they just haven’t been officially tested. The instructors at the couple of classes I have taken were fine with my none rated eyewear.

1 Like

Sounds good

1 Like

My annual eye exam is coming up. I’m going to ask my optometrist about it.
My frugality can’t allow me to spend money on a pair of safety glasses that I won’t be able to use on a daily basis. That’s how I justify the extra cost of prescription glasses with impact resistant lenses. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

As a practical matter is pretty difficult/rare for instructors or ranges to require eyepro beyond regular eyeglasses. Hard to get most eyepro over Rx eyeglasses and not many people get Rx official eyepro so, wathareyougonnado?

BTW

3 Likes

Sounds good

I am not an expert on prescription glasses by any means, but I think that impact resistant prescription glasses are some sort of plastic (polycarbonate or something) and they wont shatter when hit by something. In comparison to glass, which is likely to shatter and send a billion pieces into your eye when hit by one projectile.

2 Likes

That’s how it was described to me.
Shatter-proof or something.

1 Like

Yes :100: correct

Contrary to popular belief, it was the glasses, not the hand!
The ultimate in ballistic glasses!

IMG_4106

4 Likes

Hahaha :rofl: happy Saturday

1 Like

I’ve also found that the UV 400 Protection in the ballistic eyewear is better than polarized lenses I didn’t know that great information to know :muscle: sounds great