Bald Eagle hunting

2 Likes

OK, now you drowned him, what are you going to do next? Eat under water? Wait for him to float to the top?

2 Likes
3 Likes

That is Straight Up BAD A$$!

3 Likes

I think his eyes are bigger than his belly

3 Likes

Living dinosaur.

3 Likes

We have a pair that nests on the adjacent acreage. Throughout the winter half of the year they’re very active around here. I’m always concerned about the outdoor cat. They’re seriously big, scary birds.

4 Likes

Bald Eagles are beautiful, but are primarily scavengers…dead fish being their favorite. Not above taking prey though on occasion. The fawn will float up possible onto the shore and the Eagle will have a feast for about a week or so.

5 Likes

No clue as to where this happened but…All the bird needed to do was drag it to shallow water and possibly defend his catch from the alligators!

2 Likes

We were putting our hang gliders together one day and a woman was letting her yorkie run around off leash. An eagle swooped in grabbed the yorkie up and flew away with it. Saddest part was hearing the yorkie whining as it was taken away.

2 Likes

Here in E. Central WI. we have lots of lakes and rivers so that means lots of fish, geese and ducks. We have many Eagles and Ospreys, the Ospreys go South for the winter and many of the Eagles stay as the rivers almost never freeze over completely and the Mallards and some Geese winter over and are concentrated in the remaining open water and are fair game for the Eagles. :eagle:

3 Likes

Happened in a WI lake ( I can’t begin to spell ) north of Green Bay. Eagle did in fact drag it to shore & feasted on it until gone.

3 Likes

I own a little slice of cheese country half way between Green Bay and Iron Mountain. Beautiful country!

4 Likes

This is what happens when the rivers freeze over, Mallards in the driveways all over town,
at any bird feeders. People were feeding them at the boat landings to.
The pics were from my driveway and when you saw the ducks get agitated and fly up you almost always knew there was an Eagle circling above looking for a straggler.
The circle of life.

3 Likes

so far here on the farm we haven’t lost any live stock
there several eagles working the fields

3 Likes