Friday Fun: Best Hunting Trophy

Rifle deer hunting season is quickly approaching in Wisconsin. For those of you who hunt, what is your best domestic hunting trophy?
download%20(5)
Photo from Wikipedia

Do you use all parts of the animals you bring down in a hunt?

2 Likes

This picture of my son on his first pheasant hunt…he may have a couple feathers left, but we ate the rest of the bird. Hopefully one day we’ll go on a big game hunt and have a rack to put up somewhere.

3 Likes

I think the bushels per acre went up a bit after I got this deer :sunglasses:

I enjoy hunting the ditch parrots more than deer.

3 Likes

@Greg1 dude, that’s a nice buck! look at the neck on him…

2 Likes

I spotted him during dove season. He was living large in my Aunt’s corn field and moving back and forth to a pine break. When bow season opened, I set up a carbon cabin where he crossed a ditch (a clear shooting lane) and just waited for him to give me the shot. The venison was great and thanks to the taxidermist he now watches over my living room :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My brother took this guy on a trip to Montana. We had a great time. Sadly he was killed a few years later in a 4 wheeler accident while Turkey hunting.

2 Likes

“Ditch Parrot’s” I like that!!! The closest we have to a cool named critter is a tree rat (squirrel).

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your brother, @Michael7. I’m glad to hear that you had some good times with him while he was still with us.

3 Likes

I hunted this one the entire season, I let 3 other bucks pass and kept my eye on him. I saw him twice and didn’t get a shot. the last 3 days I spent in the rain watching his rub line, no luck. That night I took my rifle apart, cleaned and oiled. The next day I took my blind down and thought I would take a last walk through the hardwoods as I started out it was raining. Ugg!
I walked about 150 yds. to the edge of a bowl and popped my head up and he stood up at 60yds. I found him in the scope and pulled the trigger. He ran about 100 yds and dropped. Whooo…

2 Likes

My first big turkey 25 lbs. 9 inch beard and 2 1/4 inch spurs.

:+1:

1 Like

Chased this one the whole season, got him the last afternoon of the last day. :+1:
@Craig6 They grow bigger in Da U.P.

1 Like