Bad lawyer tactics shown live!

Watching the Kyle Rittenhouse trial seeing the prosecution try and belittle him and trip him up, as well as others, should give us all pause.
Surely a good lesson here.

11 Likes

One thing that has been reinforced for me while following this trial is that cameras are EVERYWHERE.

7 Likes

Yea Right, The FBI overhead stuff? What else are they filming?

3 Likes

Hopefully Kyle Rittenhouse’s trial will end up with acquitted verdict.
Prosecutor had to press charges because it was his job to do so.
Let the trial make it clear for everyone - that was a clear self defense. Whatever prosecutor tried to prove… he made it wrong from very beginning.

4 Likes

It is a good reminder that even the most innocent sounding comment will be twisted to make a defendant look guilty. It’s also a good reminder of why you are better off not taking the stand in your own defense. Why on earth Kyle took the stand, I will never understand. Momentum was in the favor of the defense before that happened.

Stay safe.

5 Likes

Where are the charges against Grosskreutz? This prosecutor wasnt doing his job, his political bias was apparent to the judge and not taken well.

8 Likes

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

The truth is a great defense. I think that’s why he took the stand. I don’t think any harm was done to his case. Without corruption, this case is an open shut. My conspiracy bone says they’ll convict the kid. It would send a clear message to our entire community. Stay in your place or go to jail. I really hope I’m wrong.

5 Likes

An old lawyer friend had a joke. Unable to find anyone/anything to do a terrible task, someone suggested finding a lawyer, as there are things even rats won’t do.

3 Likes

I disagree. The prosecutor’s job, as I understand it, is to evaluate the evidence and determine if any specific laws have been broken, by whom, and to what degree. It is within his discretion to prefer charges or to decide that the actions in question were within the law, and therefore not actionable.

7 Likes

I’m not a lawyer and far from their knowledge, just posted my thoughts.

So, reading few posts here, am I completely wrong saying that whatever happened in Kenosha could be or should be somehow explained over the Justice System?
Two people were dead and the circumstances were not clear enough.

1 Like

Of course. No worries.

You’re not wrong at all. I was just pointing out that it isn’t necessarily the prosecutor’s job to always file charges. It is their job to file charges when charges are warranted. Many investigations put before a prosecutor don’t rise to the level of criminal activity and so no charges are filed. We have reports on this forum of many cases where a self defense shooting has occurred and the prosecutor ultimately determines that the shooting was justified within the law, so no charges were filed.

4 Likes

Understood @David38 ! :+1:

1 Like

I know the law varies from state to state. Here, in Texas, a fatal shooting may be presented to the grand jury without a precipitating arrest. It is also said that a prosecutor could indict a ham sandwich, and prosecutorial discretion is always available. Unfortunately politics definitely influences the prosecutor who runs for office and wants to stay in office…and so it goes…

4 Likes

I heard the gun charges were dropped in favor of him taking the stand.

1 Like

Maybe more disturbing is the whole thing from Riots to shooting is monitored by the same family. The Mayor, Prosecutor and lead detective are related? Kenosha Mayor, Lead Detective and Prosecutor All Related – IOTW Report

3 Likes

Thanks for the info on nepotism run amok there !!

1 Like

I think the prosecutor in this case has an extremely difficult job. He needs to play devil’s advocate and present all possible evidence in every single light it can be admitted. What is admissible or not is up to the judge.

If he doesn’t fight hard enough it may result in further loss of faith in the system from the left. If he succeeds in violating Kyle’s rights it will result in further loss of faith in the system from the right.

I believe he is trying every slimeball prosecutorial trick he can find, which is unfortunately his job.

I’m not defending him, I’m just saying I wouldn’t want to have to do his job.

What if he chose not to prosecute Kyle at all?

What if he prosecutes and doesn’t fight to have every single piece of evidence admitted?

The extreme left would use this to further radicalize people and we would have even more riots. Granted, they will still most likely cause upheaval pretty much no matter what the outcome is.

Let the system do it’s job. I believe it does work, it just doesn’t work as quickly as it should. Anytime there is death or great bodily harm there needs to be a full investigation and assessment of the facts. I believe in this case that any person who has seen the evidence will conclude that Kyle acted purely in self-defense and never meant to injure anyone except to the degree required to preserve his own life.

2 Likes

I would agree the ideal of the system should be. In this case the system was part of the problem. The Mayor pulled back the police and almost invited the riot that took place. This case isn’t as much a search for truth as it is a CYA for a city administration from the mayor to the city attorney to the lead detective. This case looks more like what we would see in Cuba or Venezuela where the government and the media try and manipulate the outcome over the law.

These riots were never protests peaceful or otherwise. They were simply cover for organizations that want to reshape America. I know some will come to the defense of the “protesters” as peaceful but I contend that after the first night of distraction only a fool would believe they weren’t shielding looters, arsonists and in some cases murderers. It is almost like taking a bus load of people to a shopping mall where 5 or 6 shoplift and everyone else knows it. They can claim they weren’t responsible but only a fool would ride on another bus will the same people, in my opinion. Harsh as it might be.

The mayor and his administration started this with their lax response to the riots after they broke out. Trying to shift the blame because two of the rioters were killed attacking a 17 year old running away is just wrong. And it isn’t justice. To date the riots are being paid for by tax payers not the ones that were part of the riots. My two cents anyway.

4 Likes

The prosecution is committing almost every mistake in the book. Trying to portray R as a mass shooter, yet R only shot people who attacked him. Emphasizing 30 rounds in the AR, yet again, only the attackers got shot. Putting on a witness who helps the defense. Asking questions to which you don’t know the answer. Pissing off the judge. Fishing expeditions on cross. With a jury, anything can happen, but I’ll be surprised by any convictions on the felonies.

4 Likes