Bad lawyer tactics shown live!

Something I questioned during the prosecutor’s closing was his the contention that Kyle should only have shot once and assumed the threat was over.

Is it just me or was anyone else taught the shoot till the threat was eliminated?

4 Likes

I do not believe that how many shots he fired is the issue.

He had a duty to defend himself against the threats against his life. He also had a duty to prevent an obviously violent and disturbed person from taking control of his loaded firearm. When he shot Rosenbaum he did so in self defense and his 4 shots happened in about 3/4 of a second. That is not enough time to assess how effective the first shot was, or wasn’t.

If he stopped after the first shot and it had not been effective, he would not have had time to shoot again.

4 Likes

We hear a lot of “empty the mag” talk on this topic and I can’t imagine that would have gone over well as a tactic. He sure seemed smart about what he was forced to do.

3 Likes

Almost like he had training. :thinking: At 17. :thinking:

3 Likes

That also didn’t work out very well for the prosecutors when he admitted on the stand that he pointed his pistol at the kid when he was on his back and being kicked in the head !!! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I too hope you’re wrong !!

1 Like

If you learned anything it is clear to me that you “are guilty until proven innocent”. The DA has gone to great lengths to distort the facts of this case and they will do the same to you if you are ever involved in a self defense incident.

Also remember, there are cameras everywhere and the DA will slo mo the video to distort the time between shots. In 0.75 seconds, Rittenhouse was worried about stopping a threat and not taking a detailed medical assessment between trigger pulls.

5 Likes

Another lesson to be learned is that the media doesn’t like responsibly armed Americans. Their coverage has been the equivalent of “ready, fire, aim!” They convicted him before the trial started, and if he is acquitted, Kenosha will probably face more riots.

4 Likes

This is all based on misinformation and rumors, some of which was started by the DA trying to charge him with possession of a short barreled rifle by a minor when his barrel was full length.

Riots in Kenosha might be our least concern.

The media needs to somehow be penalized for saying things that are prejudicial and are not based in fact. I think transparency is important, the country needs to know what is happening with this case.

Maybe they need a duty to retract misinformation and to give their retractions the same airtime as their misstatements got.

3 Likes

THANK GOD! Rittenhouse ACQUITTED OF ALL CHARGES!!!

3 Likes

The gun charge was dropped because it was not a violation of Wisconsin law.

1 Like

If the System was doing its job, the DA would have never filed charges.

2 Likes