Are Smart Guns Dumb?

@RED_ARROW5726 , do give them any ideas. I am one which has bad road rage, only because some of these Tennesseans do not know the rules of the road. Lol

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Thanks for your input.

1 Like

So remind me again, who wants a smart gun?

There are many good places to apply smart technologies, this is NOT one of them.

I’ll put my trust in smart gun owners…much more reliable!

4 Likes

I want my firearms smart enough not to go off half-cocked; not to be triggered, until I know my target, what’s front of it, and what is behind it; and not be pointed at something I do not want to destroy. What is most amazing is that I have control over those things… stupid firearms, you’d think they would be smart enough to know that. It seems they do not listen well, but are easily controlled. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

My opinion has not changed. If someone builds a better self-defense tool (i.e. a “better mousetrap”), I’ll consider it. My only opposition is someone telling me what tool I have to use, whether that’s a government bureaucrat or someone here on the internet.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Sure, all sounds good and well. But like other electronics and so called smart items, I’d lay odds that they will eventually fail. And when it fails, of course will be the time you need it the most. No thanks, I’m good with what I got.

3 Likes

How does Mr. Noir know we’re talking about this very thing?

4 Likes

With tongue firmly in cheek, have you ever noticed that people that drive slower than you are “idiots” and those who drive faster than you are “maniacs”?

5 Likes

No my brother, I believe everyone drives whichever way is comfortable to them, me myself enjoy a little above the speed limit.

If someone is coming up behind me I know they are moving faster than I am, I move to the right asap even before they get close.

5 Likes

I handle those situations the same as you do, my friend. However, there are some occasions where I form the opinion that I’m dealing with the shallow end of the gene pool. Many people have passed me at high rates of speed, only to arrive at the same destination 1 1/2 seconds before I did. From years of experimentation and observation, I have found that 5-7 MPH over the posted limit doesn’t attract attention. At 10 over, there’s a 50/50 chance. Over 10 will initiate an interaction with law enforcement. These observations are pre-covid, though.

4 Likes

I’ve driven coast to coast, had people pass me going way faster than I was. Then I’d see them in the truck stop, at the hotel later on.

4 Likes

The thing that concerns me about these smarty pants guns is that they will use them as replacements for our real guns. Like in California they are going to charge a yearly tax on each gun you own or you can have the lovely choice of turning your guns over to,“them”. I fear they will soon only sell smart guns and perhaps make us trade our guns for a stupid gun that they will control. Hmmmmmmm.

3 Likes

Welcome to our Family Paige1.

2 Likes

Thank you. Good to meet you Mike.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family @Paige1 , glad you could join us.

I think I will keep the ones I have now.

4 Likes

Thank you. Yes, me too!

3 Likes

If my “smart phone” and computer are any example, ( and I absolutely believe they are ), there is no way I would ever trust a " smart gun ". The thing might be able to solve physics problems, and make long range shooting calculations for me, but, if someone can just turn it off, or reprogram it at will, then my answer is a resounding NO. And you can bet, no matter how many denials are given ever so emphatically, someone will have built in a back door access to have control of your “smart gun”, only for emergencies, of course!

( but who gets to define what qualifies as an emergency on any given day?)

4 Likes

Amen to that.

1 Like