AR Grip recommendations?

I think I’m going to pick up a Magpul grip. Not sure if I’m going to go with the moe or the moe K2.

I’ve got a grey magpul hand guard, and I would like to get a grey grip to match it.

The reason I’m replacing it is the grip on my Sport II has a large finger indent that rubs my hand and is very uncomfortable to shoot.

Any recommendations welcome.

5 Likes

Hogue, I put one on my home built .224 val and my mother’s Savage MSR .224 val came with it😎
https://www.hogueinc.com/tacrifles/ar15/grips

6 Likes

Good suggestion @Karacal :+1::+1:

4 Likes

@Scoutbob
I have the FDE magpul grip on mine and I love the way it feels in my hand. It also matches my handguard. I say go with the grey grip. Magpul makes good stuff brother.

5 Likes

I went with the FAB Defense grip to replace my stock Sig. The ergo fit for my fingers gives me a more secure feel.

5 Likes

I suggest something like the BCM Gunfighter series or the K2, for the grip angle. The extreme angle/rake so many grips have is just murder on my wrist and seems like an ergonomically and objectively inferior setup.

But if you mostly or entirely shoot from the bench or proned out it’s not as much of an issue as it is if you shoot standing or walking or carry the rifle in a low ready/slung in front position.

The first day I took a carbine class and had the rifle in front of me with my hand on the grip for hours, I threw out all of my angled grips in favor of the much more vertical stuff

6 Likes

I 100% agree with you @Nathan57, but my son 100% disagrees with you and me :rofl:

5 Likes

Fortunately AR pistol grips are one thing that is pretty easy to justify/afford buying multiples of to try for yourself

5 Likes

Kind of sad. My local store has the K2 but I want it in grey to match my hand guard… I’ll have to order online.

I may not match my clothes, but by golly my AR better be fashionable!

3 Likes

Magpul MIAD on most of my AR’s as I like you can mix and match the panel inserts to fit your hand.

If not running the MIAD 8 prefer the bcm gunfighter.

3 Likes

Dremel will reshape the high tech plastic to a more comfortable and “custom” grip. Cheap way to deal with it. And worse comes to worse you were planning on a new grip anyways. Try it you are out nothing

4 Likes

I opted to get a grey MOE+. I decided I wanted to keep the grip angle as close to the current configuration as possible for now.

I’ve got another palmetto project on the side I may try some new configurations with.

4 Likes

I’ve kind of adopted the Mag Pul K2+ as my standard go to grip. It is more vertical than a standard GI and works well on pistol platforms as well as belly guns. Granted I have ape arms and meat hooks for hands so YRMV. I have the finger groove type one pictured above from a different mfgr on my AR-10B but never found it very comfortable even after I took the “shelf” off it.

I as a sucker for all things B4 or SOPMOD as far as a stock goes, ESPECIALLY with optics.

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

Not liking the slippery feel of the plastic grip on my LaserLyte trainer, I slid a Hogue grip sleeve on there and =love it=.

4 Likes

Just finished a Palmetto Christmas build. Would love to hear about and see what your building.

4 Likes

Suggest trying to match the grip on the handgun you shoot the best: grip angle, texture/stippling, diameter, etc.

2 Likes

Finally found the time to put it on.

4 Likes

Nice color there brother @Scoutbob :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Thanks Johnny!

3 Likes