Anyone Use a Striker Control Device?

Anyone use these?

Am I the only person who finds this guy in the video just a little condescending?

I haven’t used one of these, but taking my thumb off the opposing side of the grip doesn’t strike me as a good idea. It seems like it would increase the chance of a drop.

So glad he mentioned the P320. Not exactly comfortable reaching over the tang to press on the back of the slide:
tang_ouch

2 Likes

Definitely don’t want to drop a P320!

2 Likes

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself…

This device is only available on Glocks. It seems like a really cool idea, but it also seems Gimmicky and the price is redonk ($70-$80 for a back plate is a little Koo Koo)

2 Likes

4 Likes

Sad part is I can get an M&P with optics cut and steal sights for less than $600 and I don’t care to upgrade anything…

But I could get a bare bones glock for $600 and do whatever I want to it making it a less reliable gun for hundreds more :joy::+1: the sad part is the glock is actually tempting.

2 Likes

I think this is a solution looking for a problem to solve on the best of days, and it actually introduces a new risk.

Requiring another hand manipulation while the gun is being holstered puts the operator at increased risk. I’d much rather train to simply keep my finger off the trigger, than to have to move my thumb (the only thing maintaining my firm grip on the gun) to check some little doodad on the back of the slide.

1 Like

Actually keeping thumb on the back of the slide or hammer is the part of proper reholstering.

This device does nothing else but extra protection by preventing striker to be fully cocked during reholstering.
If people get trained the proper technique, no additional movement is needed.

2 Likes

Any updates on this? I’m tempted to try one one of these out. My only real concern is introducing a way for the gun to malfunction or become less reliable. I have yet to hear anything negative about them though. It seems like a very reasonable and easy safety upgrade.

1 Like

There is an article from January 2020 (around 5 years after SCD was introduced).
You may find it interesting:

People are saying this device may prevent firearm to fire when needed… but to be honest who keeps fingers behind the slide while shooting?.. :thinking:

That’s not a good argument. The same could happen with a Hammer-fired gun. Even with a striker fire gun, you might get the first round off, but now you’ve got a jam to clear. Id be more concerned with the gun being pushed out of battery…

The best argument against it I’ve heard is basically “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

1 Like

that’s the best argument ever… but actually against everything what we are doing upgrading our firearms :wink:

I’m one of those people who prefers stock everything (sights excluded), for my carry gun.

2 Likes