To all the Sig P320 Owners

This is concerning. Sig P320 owners might want to watch this!

4 Likes

Definitely troubling

1 Like

Go to google. Enter the name of any gun manufacturer and type lawsuit after it… (probably the same for cars, ladders, and a few other things)

3 Likes

This is concerning. The gentleman in this video obviously did his homework before posting this. He mentions the Sig P320 but who knows about any other models. I don’t own a Sig P320 but I always thought highly of the Manufacturer and would highly recommend them. I mean anything is possible but facts are facts. Basically these problems are only with the P320. The fact that Sig kept it hidden is a serious delinquency of their failure to notify.

2 Likes

I was under the impression that Sig worked all this out a long time ago.

3 Likes

Me too, @Virgil_H.

3 Likes

Today was the first time I saw this video brother. Even though I don’t own a SIG and have never owned one I have shot others Sigs and never had a problem. I was just wondering if any recent events.

1 Like

My P320 X Carry has been unloaded and put in a lock box until Sig comes out with some sort of fix or notification.

2 Likes

My X-Carry has been through multiple training courses and various individual drills over the last couple years. It looks like it’s been beaten to death on the outside but has never had a single malfunction to date and has pristine internals. Not now or not ever do I believe the gun is unsafe or I have been duped by Sig and that includes the first gen 320 I had long ago before the trigger fix. The firearm passed the required tests before it was out to market.

I hate some were unfortunately injured but I hate that happens with any accident with any product. When we run firearms we are taking inherent risks and can never fully guarantee our safety when using them. No manufacturers are exempt from an implied and like @Greg35 said earlier, google your gun and the lawsuits…

5 Likes

Mine is loaded and in a safe. I’m thinking about setting a timer to see how long it is before it goes off on it’s own.

Seriously though. A court claim is just that, a claim (and there’s pretty good money in making a jury believe your claim).
The video is a guy that’s reading the claim (he says so at about a minute and a half in, give or take) not everything said should be blindly taken as fact unless you know and can prove it it.

3 Likes
1 Like

This is disconcerting to me. I wish I knew what the real story was, or if the 320 is safe or unsafe. As I listen to the story, I have so many questions. Part of me wonders if the holster was at fault. A holster that “fits” one gun and is designed for another…makes me wonder. Take the description of the angle. Sounds like he was pulling on the holster in a way that “could” pull the trigger if the holster was not truly compatible with the 320 or if there was something that worked its way into the holster that engaged the trigger. So, I will buy that the gun fired without a person touching the trigger, but I am not sure about the trigger was never touched. I couldnt figure out what holster he had, but I know some holsters use the trigger guard for retention, and if there was flashing from a mold or the trigger was in a different position from the firearm that it was designed for, the possibility is not out of the question. Couple that with the minimal surface area of the contact points, still not a good recipe for success.

Now, I will state this. My default position is to be skeptical of any and all lawsuits, especially against gun companies. I always wonder the validity and question the true intent. Maybe that is wrong, but that is where I am at. That said, I was actually looking at picking up a 320 or an M17/M18, but while I am skeptical, I am tapping the brakes just a bit till I know more information. And one reason for my default position, especially with a company like Sig is that they know how important safety is and the consequences of bad press. Take a look at Sig right now closing plants and becoming basically an american company. They cant afford a bad product. They worked hard for their well-deserved reputation.

3 Likes

Another video

Watch “Sig Sauer Settles P320 Class Action Lawsuit Does It Affect You?” on YouTube

2 Likes

Well, the M17 and M18 are just Sig P320’s really. DOD has been beating these pistols up for a while now. I just can’t believe that this is still an issue. I have dropped mine twice while training hard. Both times the weapon was chambered. I know that really does not mean very much in the grand scheme of things.

4 Likes

One of the reasons I bought my M17 was for just that reason; the DoD tested the crap out of them. I also dropped mine once and it hit on the beaver tail and fortunately nothing happened other than my heart rate going up for a minute. I wonder how much the manual safety mitigates the “uncommanded discharge” issue.

3 Likes

I posted something about the p320 fix a while back. Sigs solution to the drop failures was very simple. They made the trigger lighter. Most companies have a trigger safety or a back strap safety to make the gun drop safe. I posted that not to be a butt, but to point out the solution was not a significant change. Their idea was if the trigger is light, inertia will not make the trigger pull. If there is a trigger safety like most striker fire pistols, there should be absolutely no way for the gun to fire because their is a physical mechanism that keeps this from happening.

It’s also really odd that he said it went off without a trigger pull. Again, the only thing that should be able activate the firing pin release should be a trigger pull.

This really stinks because I picked up the m17 yesterday and that gun felt great, but I definitely won’t ever buy one now. The pistol has had too many problems imo (if I owned the pistol, I may do more research and inquiry, this is the opinion of someone who probably wouldn’t have bought one in the first place.). I have honestly decided my family won’t buy a gun without a mechanical trigger safety. Now the m17 I looked at had a pretty good Manuel safety on it. That probably means the military won’t be effected by this. BUT I still will be avoiding it.

Edit: I wonder if the striker channel was gunky and this caused an issue where the striker release did not fully engage. I’m not a gun smith, I just wonder. You don’t here about this happening with other guns though.

3 Likes

Sig is gonna be in “hurt city” if they keep trying to deny this. Just admit the problem and fix it! Keep dodging the problem and the settlement will be punitive!!

BTW…I’m I own a Sig 229…it’s a really great gun!

2 Likes

It’s really unfortunate that the 320’s seem sketchy. There’s a Texas Ranger edition that looks pretty slick.

2 Likes

You see this in car cases far more than other products. But inside every headquarters of every major manufacturer is a group of accountants and risk analyst’s who figure out whether it’s cheaper to recall the defective product with the associated damage to the brand or wait it out for a court case. That’s the sad truth.

2 Likes

That’s the reason Japan seized a good share of the car market. They knew quality would get them their share of the market!

Sig needs to understand YOU DO THE RIGHT THING, to protect your good name. Biting the bullet on this (so to speak), and just fixing the problem is what people will remember!

3 Likes