To all the Sig P320 Owners

I bought a P320 3 years or so ago (maybe a little longer). There was some indication of potential discharge if the weapon was dropped in a certain manner. Sig offered to make some modifications free of any charge. I shipped mine to Sig and received it back in less than two weeks. I believe they installed a new trigger and did some other mods, but I can’t remember exactly what. I’ve never had any problem with it. But, it’s never been my CCW since I have the full size frame. My current CCW is a Sig P229 Legion.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and you are blessed to be part of this community.

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate it. Glad to be here.

1 Like

I have a hand full of Sig Sauer P320s’. I have one custom slide 9mm p320, 15 round compact, and has the ability to have a Optic, Romeo Pro installed.

I have a P320 Full, that is a .40 caliber.

I have two Full Size P320s’ that are 9 mm. One of them has a Compact X Carry Grip, 17 Rounds Magazine, the other 9mm is standard Grip, but has a Romeo 1 Optic Red Dot, and everyone has night sights.

My compact was upgraded 2 years ago, now I can not use safely or carry; unsafe.

1 Like

I don’t own a p320, (I do own a 220 legion and a 226, so i get the emails) But I do remember getting a letter from Sig (unfortunately I trashed it) about it a while back about sending it back in for the fix.

I’d pop (no pun intended) a email off to Sig about if you own one.
They are pretty good about getting back to you quickly

I just found this

2 Likes

2 fires out of 3 drops

2 Likes

That video shows the issue, but it’s over two years old. I am curious about the same test on a recent manufactured or warranty repaired sample.

1 Like

Is it me, or wouldn’t you want to be standing behind some sort of…oh I don’t know…protective barrier when dropping something you already know is defective
will probably discharge and if you don’t get hit out right. A ricochet may or may not hit you or one of your friends…just a thought…just a thought…

2 Likes

In the video, they were using cartridges with the bullet and powder removed, so primer only for “safety.”

1 Like

Issues addressed

1 Like

I believe the problem is caused by the rear “wings” on the firing control mechanism that hold the slide being manufactured to where they are “bent” too far upward creating slack between the fire control module and the slide. I can actually see the slide rise up slightly when I cock the gun and pull the trigger. This doesn’t happen at all on my Glock. I suspect the discharges happen when the slide separates from the fire control mechanism enough for the striker to clear the sear without the trigger being pulled. The firing pin safety should still stop the firing pin from hitting the primer, but being as clunky as it feels, based on the cases mentioned in the video it must be failing. I suspect the slide lift is common and the discharges happen on pistols where the firing pin safety is stuck allowing the firing pin to go forward. I’m putting my P320 up for sale today. I’m also going to take a close look at my P365 to see if it might suffer from the same problem.

1 Like

Looks we are discussing something what was fixed 2 years ago. SIG agreed their original P320 had the issue, created the “upgrade program”, and whoever wanted the firearm fixed just did it.
Fix was so simple, that I had been surprised, that it wasn’t set up in original P320 version. :thinking: Perhaps SIG wanted to save some bucks on production?

A_20200718_01

4 Likes

I wanna put some fresh air into this thread. I’ve just found something interesting… I’m not sure what to think about it. Does any SIG lover was aware about this “friendship”?

4 Likes

First I hear of it @Jerzees and they refer to it as a Sig Z320. Will have to read on and research it. Thanks for the info brother.

It is fairly recent, they also have a deal with wilson combat I believe.

1 Like

I’m wondering if they are so good that cost over $1,200 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I tend to agree with that price range brother @Jerzees. Especially with the red dot attachment.

1 Like

Please learn how to Defensive and EDC that cost 50% less, enjoy the education, then the big day.

GRADUATION DAY ! YOU PURCHACE THE SOLID
GOLD MODEL.

O’WELL it is not gold but you have trained and now you can have more of the best.

Best wishes to everyone and the Sig Sauer P320.

1 Like

Sig has been surprising me all the times. All in good meaning of course.

Today I’ve found this: :muscle:

New X series with aluminum frame !!!

Has any P320 lover tried it?

3 Likes

Damn you Sig! This means entering negotiations with the wife, more trips to Atlanta, more trips to Louis Vuitton and more house plants. It never ends. I gots to get this and shoot it and shoot it often.

5 Likes