Anyone else can’t log on to this board using chrome on a PC?

I’m able to log on using my iPhone but logon attempts get rejected on PC using chrome. Anybody else?

4 Likes

Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me…

I’ve been sitting quietly for last 20 hr… thinking I’m a moron who doesn’t know how to fix easy problem. :crazy_face:

Login works in Firefox, doesn’t work in Chrome.
Before we start IT discussion… it is not about clearing cookies, browsing history and all “maintenance stuff”.
It is just reloading the page without logging user in.

4 Likes

Maybe the default privacy settings in Chrome are more restrictive?

I solved a couple of problems with Firefox this summer by opening up the cookie policy for the various USCCA domains.

1 Like

Same.

I have a laptop and two Chromebooks. The laptop (which is a Windows PC with Chrome) used to work, stopped last week. My old Chromebook I’m on now still works, but my new Chromebook I got yesterday does not. Phone does.

1 Like

Tried this already. NO luck.
My guess is the Chrome update may be the reason…

All works fine on my laptops with Chrome Version 95.0.4638.69.
It doesn’t work on my office PC with Chrome Version 97.0.4692.71, which I updated last night.

Hopefully @moderators will be able to look into it.

1 Like

It’s hard to downgrade Chrome in Linux, so I tried higher version, still beta:
Version 98.0.4758.48 - didn’t help.

Looks I either use Firefox for now or find a way do downgrade Chrome.
Or USCCA IT Department will quickly fix the problem. :wink:

1 Like

Windows 10 PC with Chrome Version 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit). No problems logging in or navigating the site. BTW: I have all 3rd party cookies allowed for the Community site.

Could there have been a recent antivirus and/or firewall update that affected the browser settings?

Just brainstorming!

1 Like

No needs for them in Linux PC.
In my case Chrome update is the reason of this issue.
The thing is that USCCA has to do something with it, one day everyone will need to update their browser.

1 Like

It has to be a setting or glitch in Chrome. I have a Secure AVAST Chrome browser that works. I’m afraid to tinker with the regular chrome for fear of losing saved info!

ff

Sorry for confusion, was referencing your work pc info. No experience with Linux op system.

2 Likes

Np.
It’s very rare to use Linux at work.
Anyway, this issue is definitely related to Chrome’s latest versions.
I compared all settings between old a new Chromes at 3 computers. All the same. Even allowing all cookies doesn’t help.

1 Like

Since Saturday I have only been able to successfully login using Microsoft Edge once. I can login on with Safari and Firefox, but Firefox browser looks bad. I tried not using the VPN and private browsing, but that did not work, either. I thought it might have been related to the recent Windows Update, as another site I had trouble with until I updated Windows, but this site is still broken.

1 Like

I’ve been using Edge for a while now and the only issue I have is that usually fails to auto-log me in. It will populate the info but just sit there, sometimes even when clicking on the “Protector Academy” link.

1 Like

@moderators … Are you still a real persons? Or have we already entered virtual World at this Community?

To be honest, I’m missing times when @Dawn was responding to any of our concerns within 1 - 2 hr… :anguished:
And, she was one person… @moderators is a group of 8 people ! :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

I have, too, and I have been using it through a VPN and private without issues until Saturday. I just logged in on the main USCCA site without issue. When I switched to the community site, it does not show my profile, it shows “log in”, but clicking “log in” does not load the page with my profile nor give me the option to log in, though it acts as if I am logged in.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this up, @George98. I can log into mine through Google Chrome, but I am using a MAC, not a PC. The first steps if you experience an issue with any of our pages would be clearing cookies and cache, ect. Based on others being able to log in on other browsers, it sounds like it would be an issue with Chrome. Have you tried to use a different browser to log in?

@Jerzees Yes, we are still real people and doing the best that we can to help you guys. Our team moderates all of USCCA’s social media platforms and we do the best we can. Thank you for always tagging us in these posts. It helps us see them sooner.

4 Likes

You described the problem to a T. using basic Chrome. @Tim_D_USCCA

I have an Avast secure version of Chrome and that works fine!

Just tried Edge and it acts just like the basic chrome!

2 Likes

Thx @Tim_D_USCCA .
I wanted to be sure someone is actually looking for a fix.
Simple post exchange between Members won’t make the login work.

1 Like

I always clear the cache, cookies, etc., and with the VPN and private, there usually are few to none. I also have my browsers set to clear everything when the browser is closed. I also use three different methods to clear temp file and other unwanted files. I did not have an issue with MS Edge until Saturday, so something changed.

1 Like

I’m able to get in on my laptop which is Windows 10. But I use Chrome for my browser with no problems.