Another trip to Los Angeles to visit my daughter

I don’t know why concealed carry in LA troubles me so much. I’ve been made aware of the attitude the LAPD has towards out of town permit holders however my last trip to LA was uneventful so I’ll stick with my game plan----pocket carry S&W M640, HKS speed loader plus a new Spyderco Delica on the off side, with a small Liberty safe box cabled in the trunk of the car for where firearms are absolutely forbidden(not likely, but I have the safe box so might as well bring it along.)
Any suggestions or considerations?

2 Likes

Good question you posted. I take it you already have a CCL Carry Permit for CALI? Anyone visiting their daughter, “respect”, want to look out for them. I couldn’t find the info though. Guess you also can call the L.A. police to ask? IDK, but safe travels.
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/california-gun-laws-what-you-need-to-know/

4 Likes

I used to use a first aid box and plastic seal it. I would keep it under my seat and they would never ask about it,… it is a first aid kit!

4 Likes

As long as you can legally carry there and don’t draw attention to yourself, there’s a good chance the LAPD won’t even know you’re carrying.

I’m guessing you live in CA and have a CA permit, so I’m guessing you should be fine with carrying there - please double check the link that @Burdo shared (thanks for sharing that @Burdo) and the Reciprocity Map link below to ensure you know the latest laws.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/ca-gun-laws/

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes I’m a California CCW holder.

1 Like

Best to leave it at home. Better, don’t go to California. Have family come and visit you in the Free states of the USA

1 Like

I live in CA. No problems in my county and most of the state, but carrying concealed in LA and SF are frowned upon even if my permit is valid for the entire state.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say CCW with a California permit is frowned upon in L.A. We all knew a CA CCW was good for the entire state in patrol. While an oddity, it was nothing to get excited about. Just don’t carry in prohibited places. Occasionally I’d run into folks with permits from Orange. Riverside or San Bernardino Counties. No biggie.

2 Likes

That’s the first positive thing I’ve heard about the issue!
Thank you.

2 Likes