And Justice for All

Is a “sucker punch” reason enough to draw on this individual and put a Gold Dot in his chest? The action was unprovoked but the individual stepped back afterwards. Therefore, he would no longer be a threat. Correct? So the receiver off the punch would have no grounds to shoot even though she was physically injured by this A-hole. Correct? Not being facetious. Seriously.

7 Likes

Anyone who does that to my wife or daughter… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes

That is the difference between us and them we show restraint. I usually think what would I want them to do if I sucker punched them. I think now is a good time to think about it. Good question.

2 Likes

ABSOLUTELY

7 Likes

In most places you must be in “fear of death or great bodily harm.” If your assailant is walking away after hitting you it would be hard to meet that standard. Know the law in your State!!!

8 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better!
Saw a video, “How to speed up your gun draw”.
You sucker punch my wife, I can and will draw and shoot in .001 seconds!

6 Likes

What if he’s doing one step backward, two steps forward to gain momentum to attack again? :man_shrugging:t4:

8 Likes

Even if he is walking away, I’m afraid he is going to pick up an random object and come back and assault me with it. I am afraid he is going to set some friends to come back and pummel me. I am afraid he is going to do this to the next person, perhaps killing this one so I am in fear of their life. He would’ve definitely got shot if he did this to me or a loved one or even a complete stranger

6 Likes

Not in ny, he is of the protected class. :unamused:

8 Likes

9 Likes

Heres an idea…stop voting for DA’s that decriminalize this :poop:

9 Likes

If he is an immediate threat of grave bodily harm or death,one has the right to shoot him,until he is no longer a threat.

4 Likes

Not in every State, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Sad :disappointed:.

2 Likes

Until he is no longer a threat.

5 Likes

I dunno, be injured to the point that I had to have my jaws wired together? I would argue, that IS great bodily harm. So am I in fear of great bodily harm? Yep, he proved it, I should be afraid of him. That being said, there are some other things that many of us could do to convince this bastard that swinging on strangers really isn’t a very good idea.

7 Likes

I only know the law in Nv. That is the law if you are in an imminent threat. Just not when one deducts through one own reasoning they are in imminent thread. Then one would have to convince one’s judge of one’s reasoning. Maybe in NY where it is different.
It is my opinion hearing a woman got punched in the face and got her jaw broken is an emotionally pain full experience. I think the rational thing to do is to follow the law and not make up reasons not to follow the laws, they they can only get one in trouble.

How would a reasonable person react in a similar situation?

4 Likes

Legally is the reasonable rational way to act, if not the law needs to be changed.
If I was a reasonable person I would probably hold him there until police got there. He is obviously a coward and there is something wrong with him.

1 Like

In that world there is no self defense. I walk up and attack you, knife gun hand to hand, turn around and walk away. You can do nothing, I wasn’t a threat walking down the sidewalk so you can do nothing before the attack, I stab shoot or kick you before you have time to pull you weapon which in your scenario is the only time you can defend, then I walk away, you can’t shoot me when I’m in retreat. That makes no sense to me what so ever.

8 Likes