An Assault Rifle Did It

How can you not like a rifle type you’ve never shot?

3 Likes

almost thought the same, but imo, the AR 10 is too heavy for me for tactical use, and I’ll stick with my M1a Scout. I like the AR 15 platform as it’s quite light and maneuverable and has me naturally shooting offhand and accurately at the range, and if you want to increase the “oomph” factor, you can get an upper chambered in .300 bo, or 6.5 grendel among some other calibers.

1 Like

Blacky, I was the same way 'til I got my first 'CT other". 5.56 and nice and light which has me shooting offhand a lot more. I now have…more than 1…and you’re welcome to join me at my club sometime if you want to try them out. Ringing steel at 200 yards with a I dunno, 7 pound? gun offhand is a hoot.
They’re also Glockish in that there’s loads of aftermarket parts from various manufacturers so messing about with them is easy and imo, part of the fun.

1 Like

Eric88 is correct, the definition of an Assault Rifle is one that is capable of full auto fire. Stoner designed the Armalite Rifles. The military versions are considered assault rifles. The Civilian versions are not. Anti gunners deliberately distorted the name and miseducated ignorant people.
JRC is taken by the Just Right Carbine. Browning has resurrected the later Stoner gas piston actuated design the AR180 but wisely called it the BR 180.
I am old and was never trained on the AR platform. Returning veterans have always taken to the rifle they were trained with. I too like my Mini’s but the ergonomics and size adaptability of the AR’s with adjustable stocks are very good. Simply they fit more people without the need for a gunsmith or surgery on the stocks. I have cut stocks to fit my wife and children. They are available in many calibers in both the AR15 and AR10 configurations plus they are accurate. With good ammo my Mini’s will do 2 MOA while my AR’s will do 1 MOA.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I noted a few years ago that those who used to get called out for using the term “assault rifle” were corrected, as the term is “modern day sporting rifle” to describe the semi auto AR platform…then things changed, and even the pro 2a groups acquiesced to the lefts redefinition agenda.
JAR 15 has a good ring to it, for now anyways.

1 Like

@mattm thanks for the info and invite.

2 Likes

Thinking Wednesday this week (looks like best day), but no worries no hurries as thinking I’ll be here awhile longer now, and generally hitting the club weekly. Range is at 285 yards now which is nice.

2 Likes