And THIS is why I need an AR15

Of course it didn’t make the news…funny I seem to recall the teen who defended himself and his sister in TX a couple of years ago using one as well (again without shots fired)…and a man in OK a year or so ago where shots were fired…(parents of robbers tried to sue based on the robbers being “outgunned”)

5 Likes

I’ve seen a few stories on groups that I’m on where people used an AR-15 to defend themselves from home invaders in the last week alone. and in most of the reports there were more than one invader and at least one was killed by the intended victim. But these stories were not reported on the MSM outlets. And that was because it DOESN’T FIT IN WITH THEIR ANTI-GUN AGENDA.

5 Likes
  1. Who said anything about NEED? Whenever I hear that question, I immediately recognize a tyrant. I hate to repeat this, but it’s the Bill of Rights not Needs. Sorry.
  2. It’s peculiar & quite strange that the government & other elitists hate an armed population generally. But, specifically they hate the AR15. The millions that are currently owned really bother them.
    THAT’S WHY I NEED AN AR15!
4 Likes

'Cause Beto; that’s why I need an AR.

Forgive me if I have gone off on this rant before. If you think about it, nobody really wants to have ‘need’ used as a criterion for determining what goods and services are legal to purchase and own.

How many people actually NEED a 4 wheel drive vehicle? Probably 10% of the folks who currently own one. Who really NEEDS a vehicle capable of speeds over 75 mph? Who really NEEDS a boat, or a horse, or an RV? Or 30 pairs of shoes? Designer clothing? A motorcycle? Multiple televisions? 6 dogs? Who really NEEDS steak or ice cream or beer?

You see my point. If all the things we surround ourselves with, all the things that give us a little comfort or pleasure, were subject to a needs test, and paperwork, and approvals, and fees…what kind of life would that be? Not free. Not independent. Not a place I’d want to live.

Anyone should be careful about arguing based on need; before you know it someone else will decide that what’s important to you isn’t really needed.

3 Likes

I can go with that.

Well SOMEbody does…

“From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs
~ Karl Marx

It’s that communist party principle I hear every time I hear “why do you need one?”

And right behind it I hear this:

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”
From Animal Farm ~ George Orwell

I need one because it is My Right as a free and equal Citizen to HAVE one.

4 Likes

rights

4 Likes

no%20popo

5 Likes

As long as there is the 2nd Amendment, I don’t have to justify why I need, want, or have an AR-15. What I do with my money is my own business. We REALLY need to ban the term “Assault Rifle” it is incorrect and stupid. You can kill someone with a paperclip, doesn’t make it an assault paperclip.

Full disclosure, I don’t have an AR-15. I prefer ammo that is more beefy, say, 7.62mm. :slight_smile:

3 Likes