Ammunition update from Federal, CCI, Speer and Remington

it’s best to find someone local to show you how to set up for reloading,
Some ranges/gun shops/sportsman’s clubs offer introductory classes,
Lyman’s ABCs of Reloading is probably the best book on the subject.
You should see which components are available to you----there are recipes published for nearly every powder & bullet weight so in the current situation availability of components is important.

The calipers are for checking the COL (case overall length) of your finished round when you are setting up your dies, to check for safety.
Too short a COL and the pressure increases to dangerous levels, too long s COL and the round won’t be reliably chamber.

Yes. I have a good friend helping me get started. I just need to mount my press and place all of my products. I bought a wet tumbler and dryer. Just need to deprime and tumble/clean casings to get started. Oops. I need to buy smokeless powder.

@Heather16, that’s a good question, unfortunately I just got C in economics class. :grimacing: I would say that the cost of ammo and firearms/accessory prices actually seem to fluctuate with changes in the political climate more so than the economic. Even though those too are very tightly intertwined.

Do not forget to look on the used market for reloading tools as often as not you can find good deals and parts you can’t find at retail sights. God bless, and have fun!

Ok, thanks Jerry!
What market sites would you suggest? Like local flee markets or something else?

1 Like

Local but look on eBay, Craigslist and there are also online markets like GunBroker; GunsAmerica; Arms list, etc.

Thanks Jerry, I appreciate it!

1 Like