Ammunition update from Federal, CCI, Speer and Remington

17 Likes

This is already posted elsewhere.

3 Likes

This is the first time I’ve seen it. Thanks for this post. But it still points to the fact that dealers are price gouging.

8 Likes

Thanks for posting, hadn’t run across this yet. Nice to see they are employing more and making more each day.

4 Likes

There’s a reason Texas AG is sueing Cheaper Than Dirt for price gouging during a pandemic. Hopefully that’s just the start

5 Likes

Yeah… He talks about amount of rounds… and it’s true what he told…
But what about the prices?
Why the cheapest Federal Target ammo costs over $21 per box?

1 Like

First I have seen of this…thanks so much for posting this. Want to thank the manufacturers for their dedicated effort and hard work! They are doing everything possible it seems!

I guess, it is just I cannot grasp what is happening after that pallet of ammo leaves the factory…and there is still zero ammo on my shelves.

The price of ammo is just sad and again beyond my understanding. On a fixed income it is just to high to justify buying more right now. So no live practice for awhile I guess.

3 Likes

I don’t recall seeing anything about the manufacturing costs not changing.

2 Likes

Some problems come from shipping. Because of shortage only so much goes to each store. No store gets free shipping anymore. Less ammo shipped for the same cost. Smaller orders shipping costs the same. & yes there is some price gouging by some…

1 Like

I don’t see in the video where they quit paying shipping…

Hi Demand Capitalism

Thankfully I can buy ammo from other manufacturer for less price…
I’m just surprised that US made Federal ammo costs $21.99, imported Sellier&Bellot costs $15.99
:wink:

1 Like

Not buyin’ any of it and I don’t just mean not buying his story. I mean not buying his political double-speak. I’m just not.

1 Like

I’m a customer! CCI for .22lr, Federal for .38Spl and Remington for 12 gauge trap loads.
I haven’t seen any on the store shelves in months, and months.

Hand loading is a good skill to cultivate----until you run out of primers.

4 Likes

I bought cci small pistol primers @1000 for 30¢/primer. Desperate to get started loading.

1 Like

Yep, it gets really scary when your seating there going…" Hmmm could a magnum rifle primer work in 9mm brass if I squeeze it down with pliers"??? LoL :yum::sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

New to reloading…NO you cannot so don’t try :grin:

2 Likes

Oh!!Come on, man! Give me a breake!

1 Like

For a 9mm?
Lucky boy!!!
I’m still honing in on the right fit…
Sig 365 XL, Smith and Wesson EZ 9mm or Gen IV- any advice?
Aside from the fit affordable and accessible ammo is my other priority.
Thanks Jerzy!

1 Like

The situation would ease a bit if certain gun owners who have 3000 rounds of ammo didn’t feel a need to increase their supply to 5000 rounds.

1 Like