Ammunition brands

I recently found an ammunition called zqi. The information I have read says it has been around for awhile. But I had never heard of it. Loaded to nato specs is what it says. Has anyone had any dealings with this brand?

2 Likes

My apologies. I have removed the erroneous information. I am trying to chase down the video I saw where it is talked about

2 Likes

I’m starting to see ZQI being sold lately as well, but I’m not really familiar with it. Being NATP spec, could it be military overrun?

Without seeing the actual ZQI specs, my understanding (which I’m sure someone can verify or correct) is that NATO spec 9mm is similar to a +P type load. Some pistols may not be rated for +P ammo.

3 Likes

In the information I saw says it is made in turkey. A utube video from a few years back shows the mke ammunition factory. Just wondering if it might be made in USA now.

3 Likes

ZQI is made in Turkey to NATO specs. The ammo has been shown to be of good quality and a low price. Walmart has carried the brand in the past, but I don’t know if they continue.
The Turks have proven to be good manufacturers of weapons and munitions.
Wish I could buy some primers from them.

Larry

4 Likes

Lots of info on YT, agree with @larry84.

- YouTube

3 Likes

Google the zqi ammunition or zenith firearms website. Should have info there

1 Like

I understand that. I wanted to understand why I had it in mind that it was Isreali

1 Like

ZQI, UZI, IMI the initials get burdensome after a while. Now if it was TZZ which is Israeli I would be all over it!!! That is hands down some of the best 45 Match ammo that I have ever run and it was hotter than a $2 pistol.

Cheers,

Craig6