Thoughts on Privi Partizan ammo from Serbia?

According to the spec sheets, their handgun ammo looks to be on the warm side, Pre-Covid prices seem pretty good. Does anyone here have any experience with it? What are the thorns? What are the roses?
I’m using a .38 spec 158g LSWC for carry now because that’s the hottest that was available when ,38s could still be found locally (so far, no problems!)

5 Likes

I have used it off and on over the years and no problems that I can recall in 9mm and .45. :+1:

5 Likes

Never had a problem with either rifle or pistol ammo.

3 Likes

I find Privi to be my Go To ammo for the weird calibers that I have in my collection and the vast majority of it is brass case reloadable, which means it makes great bunker ammo as well as range ammo. They are about the only folks who make a wide selection of Axis, Allies and OTHER ammo, try finding 6.5 Carcano or 7.7 Jap. I have rifles and pistols that may only be worth a couple hundred/thousand dollars on the collector circuit today but I submit that you won’t find ones like mine on a gun store shelf and Privi is the only brand I trust out of the box to run in them.

On the modern calibers I have little to no issue with them especially as it comes at a fair price if you are buying ammo. On the reloading side of the house I would put their brass on par with Winchester as it is harder than Remington but not as brittle as Federal.

Overall, good stuff if you can get it.

Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes

I have used their .380 and 9 mm with no problems, it’s just a little hot for my taste.

3 Likes

Same as others, no issues with any of the pistol or rifle ammo I’ve ever purchased from that manufacturer.

I think they have a little more sulfur in their powder mix though? It’s a little “funkier” than standard ammo burn (not that that’s important, just an observation)

2 Likes

I’ve only used their rifle ammo, very good quality and price.

2 Likes

It goes bang and yes I have noticed they, “run hot”. I have noticed this with a couple of European companys. S&B comes to mind also.
Enjoy and besafe

2 Likes

I’ve used with no issues in 9mm. Seems “warm” but works well.

2 Likes

I have used a decent amount of 38 Superb from them. No issues.

2 Likes

I have used their .40 S&W for practice and had no issues with it.

2 Likes

It cycles through my 9mm reliably, however I’m not a fan. To me it’s extremely dirty and the loads aren’t consistent. Some of the shots feel “flat” with less recoil.

1 Like