Ammo Prices?

I noticed yesterday that generic 9mm FMJ is a “bargain” at $59.00 for 50 rounds. Last year it was $12,00 a box.

1 Like

Just this February I paid $0.18/cpr ($9/box, not inc shipping) right before the panic hit. In hindsight, I wish I had bought more. Much more. Who know when we’ll see those prices again…

2 Likes

It was just a tease, order was canceled :-1:

I did get 200 rounds of 40S&W for 0.36 cents/round locally last week. Thankfully I don’t have a brand new gun trying to get comfortable with by shooting a bunch of ammo. I do feel sorry for new shooters trying to get training at this time.

2 Likes

My wife has given me a Bullet Budget, So, I troll Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops. When they have ammo (at normal prices) I buy. I usually have to order (5-7 days delivery), but the prices are usually at normal costs. The range I belong to has doubled their prices for MEMBERS, even though their cost hasn’t increased accordingly. At this point, I won’t pay the outrageous prices some companies are trying to get.

4 Likes

Those are 2 of the places I’ve been ordering from, and getting canceled from. Local BassPro is where I found the 40S&W last week. They didn’t used to be aggressively priced, but I give them credit they don’t seem to be gouging like many of the others.

1 Like

I’ve not been cancelled, but I do find that having ammo in stock is taking longer to happen… as for cost… there have been times I’ve gotten 9mm on sale for $8.00 a box /50 and 223 for $9.00 a box/20… I watched a video Where Has All the Ammo Gone? - YouTube, that explains the shortage and the coming election…

2 Likes

Follow up on my post about being able to backorder from Optics Planet with a 10% USCCA discount. One of the few online stored that actually took backorders on factory ammo.

I placed an order for 1000 rounds Federal 9mm 115gr FMJ on Aug 7th. Total was $305 with USCCA discount with free shipping. They do not charge your credit card until they are ready to ship. Estimated delivery at the time of the order was 2-4 weeks.

I first got a text this morning from my credit card company that a charge was processed. 15 minutes later I received an email from Optics Planet that they are processing my order for shipment and should receive a tracking number within 4 days.

If you decide to order from them, the prices on Optics Planet for the same product varies on the estimated delivery date, so pick a price and schedule that meets your needs. Quickest delivery is more expensive. I ordered the same ammo on the same day for delivery in 2-3 months for $268.

2 Likes