Almost got robbed. Lessons learned

Thank you for the nice warm welcome. You are appreciated.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I never thought of that. Iā€™m glad you made it out of the mess alright.

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œRaymond34, post:65, topic:74186ā€]
From that day on I keep a full car length from the vehicle ahead of me

Or more! Last December I took an inadvertent exit which led me into downtown St. Louis. The city for practical purposes has turned into a homeless encampment. I slowed at red lights and stop signs only enough to check for cross traffic. On the couple of instances I was forced to stop behind other vehicles, I kept two to three car lengths between us.

2 Likes

I canā€™t imagine carrying a pistol in the pocket of my pants without having it in a holster

3 Likes

I read the USCCA Mag from cover to cover and man let me tell you the editor should get a raise they are always on the money when it comes to self defense especially when they speak of being aware of your surrounding at all times even at home. Me and the wife practice drills weather it is the truck/car or at home she is my back up and i am hers. it is a very unstable country these days and you really have to be aware of your surroundings. We are very happy for you that your were able to use what you have learned to avoid that situation. read on my friends and and stay focused also remember to be a responsible gun owner Safety is a virtue.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Joseph298 , glad you joined us. Being aware is always a good thing.

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother @Joseph298 and you are blessed to be here.

I grew up in east LA. It drives my wife crazy because i always leave room for an escape route, and never enter an inside drive thru that has two drive thru lanes, a planter, a close building, wall or steep hill.
Have seen way too many altercations in situations where the victim did not leave an out. I also observe any approaching vehicle that seems too close. I would have been extracting my weapon at about 6 to 10 feet. By the time our vehicles tapped i would have safety off and weapon on my leg under my left arm.

3 Likes

I have not taken a class yet but I want to. I am also planning on doing IDPA matches. I donā€™t care about the competition side of thingsā€¦I just want to practice shooting from cover, moving, etc. Here in SC there is an outdoor match that is like $15. Figure I canā€™t beat the price for quality time on a dynamic range.

3 Likes

Also what a great opportunity to learn from other more experience shooters. :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Wow!

Iā€™m relieved to know everyone made it out safe!
Sadly, criminals are getting smarter, crimes become more difficult to make arrests on. But more devastating is victims and families of those poor victims.

3 Likes

Interestingā€¦your Shield has no thumb safety? Mine does. Thatā€™s one of the reasons I purchased it. Love the weapon!!! Have to try your way of carrying.

1 Like

I grew up in West L.A. Guys from East LA would come over and cause trouble. Try to find someone alone to beat the crap out of. I always kept some kind of weapon in my car even at 17. Saved my butt. Gangbangers did not want to risk getting seriously hurt even at 4 against 1.

1 Like