Defensive driveing and situational awareness

I was reading my copy of Concealed Carry magazine yesterday and had just read the piece Tim on prevention and then the one on turmoil by Kevin and it reminded me of something and I want to share it with you. I am not sure this is the right forum for it but I am sure if it is not they will put it where it should be.
I was a truck driver back when you had to know how to drive them. The one thing about driving and our situation today is vigilance at all times. Driving is the most dangerous thing anyone does today. You have to be aware of everything around you at all times. The Lord blessed me with 210 degree periferal vision or cursed me one. If you don’t have it you won’t understand why I say cursed but you are aware of things most people never see. It was a unique gift as far as driving goes because I can see out of the windshield as well as see both outside mirrors at the same time. It is difficult at first to be able to process that but you learn to adapt to it in a hurry.
It helps me to always know what is going on around me and it helps me to see danger when no one else can. I will give you a tip on defensive driving that I do and that is watch the wheels on a vehicle at an intersection. You will know the drivers intentions by them. If they are still the driver will stay stopped but if they move you need to brake immediately to avoid a collision. The same applies to self defense and avoiding a potential hazard. If you notice an unusual movement anywhere in the vicinity you need to go into a proactive protection mode. Either get ready to defend or prepare to get the hell out of Dodge.
Today even the small cities are under fire and crime is up. Here in Arkansas the cities that have seen very little violent crime are seeing assaults and murders sky rocket. You need to apply your learned defensive driving skills to everyday events. Watch, Look. Be Aware of what is around you and do what you need to not just to survive but to be able to live after you survive.

10 Likes

We recently had a violent sex offender lose in our county, he messed up bad and went into the home of a large female truck driver with a baseball bat that was an ex felon😁

2 Likes

She served time for murder/rumors

1 Like